Home

Hand-crafted Rookies

This is a discussion on Hand-crafted Rookies within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Hand-crafted Rookies

I haven't played Head Coach 09 (or any other Head Coach game for that matter), but I remember hearing about them hand-creating rookies for Madden 10. Can someone enlighten me as to what this means? Is it a pool of thousands of rookie prospects who get assigned names randomly through a franchise (30 years worth of them?) or do they hand-craft 30 draft classes that are repeated with every franchise? So your 2010 draft class is your 2010 draft class EVERY time you start a franchise...or does it randomly pick, say 270 players that they hand-crafted to populate a draft class....

I'm just wondering because I'm really hoping that it is random, and then that those hand-crafted rookies are removed from the pool so that we don't get the same rookie (with a different name) showing up in 10-12 drafts...

Thanks ahead of time for any answers/clarifications.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #2
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Hand-crafted Rookies

i would like some clarification on this too.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

I think this was answered in the official thread about franchise but it may have been answered in one of the threads that started about pre-made rookies.

I am almost positive that it will be X(number 90 was thrown around) amount of draft classes. Those draft classes will not go in order. So if they have 90 draft classes you could start up a game and you would get DC # 11 then next year you could get DC # 32 then next year you could get DC # 76. It will always be random and they should not repeat in a given franchise.

I dont think the answer of how the names or colleges of each player will be worked out was officially answered. This is a slight issue because it could lead to possible spoilers in a sports video game if each player doesnt have a random name ect ect>_<

I hope that helped you.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:32 PM   #4
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

It does help...but I'm kinda concerned that we could have draft classes reoccurring over several franchises...especially if they aren't assigned random names...it takes the mystique out of it. But knowing the guys at the helm, they are probably working on this, so my fear is most likely unjustified...but their input is always welcome.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Hoping to see the major conferences be represented nicely

Andy understands players get drafted from all over, but, pretty sure it was a basketball game that switched players schools, and had them coming from all smaller schools... don't know why, but kinda killed the mood
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 03:41 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
It does help...but I'm kinda concerned that we could have draft classes reoccurring over several franchises...especially if they aren't assigned random names...it takes the mystique out of it. But knowing the guys at the helm, they are probably working on this, so my fear is most likely unjustified...but their input is always welcome.

Going by head coach (which was designed by the same guys doing franchise now) I would assume that somewhere from 90-95 percent of the players in each draft class will have random names. In head coach they didn't make the player comparisons or colleges random which really hurt the replayability of the game.

I also think potential should be random for each player at least within a range of possibilities but they didn't do that in head coach. Just something I think they should do.

In future years they will if they continue in this direction probably completely eliminate the pre named players and stick with random names.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »