Home

Madden Player Ratings Cont. / Teams With Mulitple 95+ Rated Players (09)

This is a discussion on Madden Player Ratings Cont. / Teams With Mulitple 95+ Rated Players (09) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Madden Player Ratings Cont. / Teams With Mulitple 95+ Rated Players (09)

Look for that list to shrink by 2/3. 95+ovr should only be for THEE ELITE/BEST OF THE BEST....There should only be 15 or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I was just using two as an average. Obviously teams like the Pats and Vikings have a handful of 95+ players, but others teams may have 1 or 2, and quite a few will have none.

From my impressions rating a team, there aint that many teams in the league with more than 2 superstars.

For example the Colts. Peyton Manning 99 for sure. But you could put Wayne, Sanders, Freeney, Mathis within +-2 of 95.

Depends how generous you are with ratings.
If pass rushing was the only skill you were looking at, then you could justify Freeney and Mathis +/- 2 of 95, but as overall players they have huge weaknesses in their games.

Wayne and Sanders should definitely be in the running though IMO.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #27
Rookie

will12203's Arena

I sure hope so man

great Buffalo Bills talk
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

the official Madden 12 messageboard
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/396.page

the official EA Sports World Video Site
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile

gamertag: will12203
Old 04-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
If pass rushing was the only skill you were looking at, then you could justify Freeney and Mathis +/- 2 of 95, but as overall players they have huge weaknesses in their games.

Wayne and Sanders should definitely be in the running though IMO.
I don't know that reggie is really all that close. 13th in receptions last year, 10th in receiving yards, 11th in yards per game, tied for 22nd in touchdowns, tied for 21st in 20+ yard catches, tied for 20th in 40 yard catches. All that while being the number 1 wideout on a team with the best QB in the NFL. I would say he is pretty borderline to be called a top 10 receiver so I really don't see him as "elite".
Old 04-22-2009, 07:12 PM   #29
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I don't know that reggie is really all that close. 13th in receptions last year, 10th in receiving yards, 11th in yards per game, tied for 22nd in touchdowns, tied for 21st in 20+ yard catches, tied for 20th in 40 yard catches. All that while being the number 1 wideout on a team with the best QB in the NFL. I would say he is pretty borderline to be called a top 10 receiver so I really don't see him as "elite".

ya'll kno all these stats dont even matter cause EA bases their ratings off potential IMO
Old 04-22-2009, 08:52 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
In all fairness, Manning didn't have "the best QB in the NFL" numbers. He was near the bottom portion of the top 5 in the major passing categories (obviously still very good, but not top). That being said, I'm basing Reggie Wayne off physical capabilities and the fact that he's still young, healthy and has produced before. I would rate him in the bottom portion of the top 10 WRs, so I guess I am over-projecting him a bit in terms of Madden's new scale. That being said, I'm kind of shocked that I'd get called out for placing Wayne too high over my comment about Freeney and Mathis.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
In all fairness, Manning didn't have "the best QB in the NFL" numbers. He was near the bottom portion of the top 5 in the major passing categories (obviously still very good, but not top). That being said, I'm basing Reggie Wayne off physical capabilities and the fact that he's still young, healthy and has produced before. I would rate him in the bottom portion of the top 10 WRs, so I guess I am over-projecting him a bit in terms of Madden's new scale. That being said, I'm kind of shocked that I'd get called out for placing Wayne too high over my comment about Freeney and Mathis.
Young is kinda a relative term. He will turn 31 mid season next year. He still has a lot of gas in the tank, I am not saying he is truly declining, but I damn sure wouldn't call him young. I certainly don't see him as a player who is currently really developing or anything. I would put him either low in the top 10 or just outside of it. Like I said, putting him top 10 would be pushing it. That doesn't mean he isn't in consideration, just not really a lock as top 10 as after the first few it kinda can get muddled.

Over him though I figure most would agree on Fitz, Andre, Calvin, Steve, and Randy pretty easily.

I would put marshall up there. TO could be considered better than reggie(didn't put up world beater numbers last year but had brad johnson throwing to him a few games).

Roddy could be seen as better, Greg Jennings outproduced as well and both of them had first year starters at QB throwing to them.

Welker might get consideration as for overall but he is hard to place. He is one who I think individual ratings play in way more than overall and I don't think his overall should be really high.

Colston has to be in the running, he missed 5 full games and played extremely sparingly in 5 slowed down by a thumb injury. He only started 6 games and still had over 700 yards and one TD less than wayne. Despite playing a few games where he only played a few snaps he averaged only 2 less yards per game than reggie.

That is already 11 who a case could be made for. There are probably a couple others who could be throw in but a case could be made for reggie near the end of that list.

As far as calling you out on the mathis freeney thing how could I call you out for saying basically the same thing as I said in the other thread about the same topic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Young is kinda a relative term. He will turn 31 mid season next year. He still has a lot of gas in the tank, I am not saying he is truly declining, but I damn sure wouldn't call him young. I certainly don't see him as a player who is currently really developing or anything. I would put him either low in the top 10 or just outside of it. Like I said, putting him top 10 would be pushing it. That doesn't mean he isn't in consideration, just not really a lock as top 10 as after the first few it kinda can get muddled.

Over him though I figure most would agree on Fitz, Andre, Calvin, Steve, and Randy pretty easily.

I would put marshall up there. TO could be considered better than reggie(didn't put up world beater numbers last year but had brad johnson throwing to him a few games).

Roddy could be seen as better, Greg Jennings outproduced as well and both of them had first year starters at QB throwing to them.

Welker might get consideration as for overall but he is hard to place. He is one who I think individual ratings play in way more than overall and I don't think his overall should be really high.

Colston has to be in the running, he missed 5 full games and played extremely sparingly in 5 slowed down by a thumb injury. He only started 6 games and still had over 700 yards and one TD less than wayne. Despite playing a few games where he only played a few snaps he averaged only 2 less yards per game than reggie.

That is already 11 who a case could be made for. There are probably a couple others who could be throw in but a case could be made for reggie near the end of that list.

As far as calling you out on the mathis freeney thing how could I call you out for saying basically the same thing as I said in the other thread about the same topic.
I wasn't saying young as in he's going to develop more (and I guess he doesn't have many playing years left anyway), just as in he hasn't started to regress yet or have his body start to really break down.

I really wouldn't disagree with anything you've said, except maybe Welker. I think he's overrated and that he's blessed with being in a very good offensive system more than anything. He's very good at what he does, but I wouldn't list him with #1 WRs. I would put Wayne in the range of Colston, White and Jennings. He'll probably land behind Boldin as well (and maybe Houshmanzadeh). I don't really rank players numerically, so I'd say he fits in around there, lower end top 10. He's very good, but he's not the elite. He should be low 90s, high 80s IMO he'll land around 91-92.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »