Home

Make it IMPOSSIBLE To Get a 97 SPD DB Playing DE

This is a discussion on Make it IMPOSSIBLE To Get a 97 SPD DB Playing DE within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2009, 04:38 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Make it IMPOSSIBLE To Get a 97 SPD DB Playing DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Oh come on obviously he was joking. Where is the realism in that?
Ian confirmed.....Today is a good day.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #34
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I hardly think what Ian said was confirmation.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
The only way to avoid the nonsense is to play against like-minded individuals.
The game should be fixed so you don't have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
We have removed the package from the game to disallow this from happening.

We are confident that the changes we have made so far this year would make this a non-factor anyway (as Donny alluded to above), but having a DB at DE just isn't football anyway so why let there be a strange workaround to let it happen.
I'm against restricting substitutions. What happens should be be based on ratings, weight and whether someone is playing out of position. Maybe making ratings relative to position would be a good idea for the future.

What I mean, for example, is a lineman's speed is relative to other lineman, so a 99 speed OL is one of the fastest OL, but would still be burnt in a foot race by a 99 speed DB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Uhmm Ian confirmed that the other guy was kidding... The only thing Ian confirmed is that they removed the substituion package that would allow a DB to play DE... but that is just a band aid IMO... the solution is to allow a DB to play DE but to work it so that it would be a highly disadvantageous thing to do.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #37
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Uhmm Ian confirmed that the other guy was kidding... The only thing Ian confirmed is that they removed the substituion package that would allow a DB to play DE... but that is just a band aid IMO... the solution is to allow a DB to play DE but to work it so that it would be a highly disadvantageous thing to do.
I agree 100%
Old 04-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Yes, really the only way this should offer any advantages is if you are dropping the guy into coverage anyway. Also, then running should be easy to that side unless other players are going to step up and make plays. That "DE" should have no effect in the run game and no effect in the pass rush. The reason blitzing corners works in real life is because the OT doesn't expect the corner to come. If the corner lines up in the DE spot this removes that one slight advantage.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
We have removed the package from the game to disallow this from happening.

We are confident that the changes we have made so far this year would make this a non-factor anyway (as Donny alluded to above), but having a DB at DE just isn't football anyway so why let there be a strange workaround to let it happen.
So, does this mean we will not be able to create our own packages? I hope we can at least for offline anyway but I guess if we can't it won't ruin the game. Would like to see the ability to do so though.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:29 PM   #40
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
seventh, torn ACL the first play of the game after subbing the CB in at DE. Boom. Roasted. You will never do that clown move again, unless you are some sicko that gets a kick out of injuries. If you put in the fourth string CB at DE in replacement of your first torn ACL CB, boom, first play, roasted. Another torn ACL. Over and over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
on more serious note, I will get with one of our gameplay producers about this tomrrow to see if there is something creative and punishing we can do here.

damn Donny i like tha way you think bro....you straight vicious....no mercy on dem skunts

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »