Home

Could this be done, and would it be fair?

This is a discussion on Could this be done, and would it be fair? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #1
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Could this be done, and would it be fair?

I don't even know if this could be done, but if so with some other suggestions and changes it may be something good for the game in the future.

This thought is for online ranked games. I use the Chiefs always, I have no interest in using any other team. The Chiefs overall rating in Madden 09 is a 71. I'd like to know if somehow the overall rating of the team we use online could improve or even get worse based on how well we play. What if EA gave us a new lobby called Ranked - Ratings Lobby. When you play games from this lobby your teams rating will be affected. Let's say we win 5 games in a row against an equal or higher skill level opponent, maybe our team should get a 1 or 2 point overall rating increase. The same would go if we lose 5 in a row, we go down 1 or 2 points. Win 15 or 20 in a row and go up 3 or 4 points, same if you go on a long losing streak, down 3 or 4 points. So if I am at level 8 skill and I win 5 games in a row against level 8 players or higher, my Chiefs would be rated a 72 or 73. If I play people with a lower skill level there is no change. Also your teams rating change can only be used in this lobby. If you go into any other lobby after getting an increase or decline you would revert back to the original rating.

This would help the game in a few different ways.

1. This would benifit those of us that struggle with the lower rated teams in Madden and would also keep us from having to play the Cowboys, Patriots, Steelers and so on every darn game.

2.This would also cut back on people quiting the game, if they quit, they get a loss and 5 in a row means their team takes ratings a hit.

3. It will give higher skill level players some incentive to play people at their same skill level or higher instead of playing the lower skill level guys just to rank up.

What do you think, any good, could this be done, or total nonsense?

Last edited by JMD; 04-23-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Could this be done, and would it be fair?

Two words-online dynasty
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 04-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

I think it should work the other way around, where your ratings go down as you win and up as you lose. This would encourage people to stick with their favorite team even if they lose because eventually their ratings will go up and they'll be able to win. Instead of everyone picking from a small group of elite-rated teams (Pats, Cowboys etc.), people will be able to play with their favorite team and eventually (if they lose a lot) the Lions will be able to play against the Pats and stand a chance. Conversely, if someone always picks the Pats so they can win all the time, eventually their ratings will drop, making if harder for them to win.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

No ratings should not change. You should get more ranking points for beating better teams with lesser teams. For example, you get 10 points for beating the Cowboys with the Chiefs but only 1 point for beating the Cowboys with the Cowboys.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke_311
Two words-online dynasty
^^^That.

Online as it is now is a complete JOKE, even EA knows that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Your basically asking for on-line franchise. The problem with your idea in a non franchise environment is that you could basically end up with a 99 OVR chiefs team... and not sure how much fan that is to play with or against.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Your basically asking for on-line franchise. The problem with your idea in a non franchise environment is that you could basically end up with a 99 OVR chiefs team... and not sure how much fan that is to play with or against.
I don't think that would be a problem for me, I've played 164 games online and I've only won 5 in a row once.

Let's hope we get online franchise in Madden 11.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I don't think that would be a problem for me, I've played 164 games online and I've only won 5 in a row once.

Let's hope we get online franchise in Madden 10.
Fixed it for you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »