Home

QB Completion% Fixed yet

This is a discussion on QB Completion% Fixed yet within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
QB Completion% Fixed yet

Have they fixed the QB completion% in franchise mode yet? I stopped playing madden back in September when I seen every QB in franchise mode throws for a high completion%. Does the Ps2 have the same problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: QB Completion% Fixed yet

I think so because they're lowering the ratings so it should be better.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 04-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Obviously I don't have any insider info, but I doubt seriously that the issue will be completely resolved next year. The fact of the matter is that average QBs complete in the low to mid 50% range, and Madden players will go nuts if they play a full season and complete 54% of their passes. It just won't fly with this user base.

The thing is, the CPU accuracy was so egregious last year that if it's even possible to complete as low as 58%, people will accept that.

The same thing happens in The Show. At default settings, CPU pitchers throw 75% strikes or so. You have to decrease the strike frequency setting to zero or one to get average pitchers to throw the standard 55-60% strikes.

I think a slider for sim gamers would be an ideal solution. I get not wanting to alienate the user base and the puffing up of completion percentages that that entails, but I would love an equivalent to the strike frequency slider in The Show that would increase over/underthrows, penalties for poor footwork, etc.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Can we just have, Rookie, pro, all pro, all madden, and then SIM play modes? PLEASE? then you could implement all of the difficult little nuances of the game such as completion percentage...
Old 04-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #5
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
Can we just have, Rookie, pro, all pro, all madden, and then SIM play modes? PLEASE? then you could implement all of the difficult little nuances of the game such as completion percentage...
I believe there was a thread where Ian said that they tune All-Pro for sim gameplay...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
I believe there was a thread where Ian said that they tune All-Pro for sim gameplay...
Fair enough, but it's still not clear how that's being interpreted by the development team. "Sim" would mean the very real possibility of completing 53% of your passes, and even having games where you complete 48%, if we're being strict about it. Last year was soooo far out of touch with how QBs actually play that I think it's wishful thinking to assume that we're gonna see realistic numbers in this area.

I hope I'm wrong about that, and I'd love to hear what Ian and crew, or even people who were at the community event think about how this issue is gonna be addressed next year.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #7
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
Fair enough, but it's still not clear how that's being interpreted by the development team. "Sim" would mean the very real possibility of completing 53% of your passes, and even having games where you complete 48%, if we're being strict about it. Last year was soooo far out of touch with how QBs actually play that I think it's wishful thinking to assume that we're gonna see realistic numbers in this area.

I hope I'm wrong about that, and I'd love to hear what Ian and crew, or even people who were at the community event think about how this issue is gonna be addressed next year.
I wish I knew exactly what Ian meant when he said that...just thought it was appropriate given the previous post...
I agree, last year, I went very few games without completing 15 of 18 passes or so...I had huge completion %s...but this year, they are making incomplete passes possible (so says the blogs)...so I'd count on a drastic improvement in completion %s...I don't know how this will affect simmed games though.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

I think the OP was talking about simulating a season and seeing players basicly always above 60% completion. I did a test once and used punters and kickers at QB just to see what the ratings would be and they managed to get into the 30-40% range. That was mind blowing because of what they are.

It would be nice donny if you could post a picture or something of QB comp. rating after a 16 game season. I do recall you saying earlier in the year that you might be posting things like that to see how well tuned everything was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »