Home

Whew. Well, now that that's over...

This is a discussion on Whew. Well, now that that's over... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Whew. Well, now that that's over...

I think the key phrase by Ian is that this was mostly put together by the marketing department, and not the Ian dept.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #26
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Yes! I can't wait when I get back to show the Wildcat.
that's perfect. Could you show some teams other than the dolphins using it? Maybe we would get an idea of how well the ratings system is shaping up with multiple examples
Old 04-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Ian I thought qb dropback was changed. Looked similar to 09 for me. Also qb's don't bend their knees when they throw. Is this being addressed?
Old 04-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #28
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

hey Ian,

I hoping you can restore the glory buddy.....just hoping you can restore the glory.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #29
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydufflebags
I think that we have a lesson learned. The trailer OVERALL did not give a huge sensation that this game is much improved, or different then 09. There are probably a TON of new things in there, but when the game is in motion, it means nothing.

That's why I never understood the obsession with colored cleats, hand towels etc etc. The impact on the game is so minute it is ridiculous. Cool to have em', make absolutely no difference to me.

My question is this. If all the dev time put into those small cosmetic things, was put into animations such as "running", could that trailer have looked ten times better at this point in the dev cycle?
Agreed. Who gives a s**t about hand towels, cleat colors, glove colors, revolution helmets. All are nice, Key word here, "little" touches that can enhance a game when the mechanics and game play are spot on. If the game is CRAP, (and im not saying madden 10 will be) then are freakin hand towels or colored cleats gonna keep you coming back for more? We the community need to stop asking for the minutia and ask only for core gameplay changes. Ian, im not even sure how much stock you put into these tiny little tweak visual requests but I hope not much.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #30
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
Agreed. Who gives a s**t about hand towels, cleat colors, glove colors, revolution helmets. All are nice, Key word here, "little" touches that can enhance a game when the mechanics and game play are spot on. If the game is CRAP, (and im not saying madden 10 will be) then are freakin hand towels or colored cleats gonna keep you coming back for more? We the community need to stop asking for the minutia and ask only for core gameplay changes. Ian, im not even sure how much stock you put into these tiny little tweak visual requests but I hope not much.
I don't think requesting cleat colors is going to make them not improve the gameplay... they have art/animation people there that don't work on ai or gameplay, so those "cleat" people aren't hindering anything. live and let live brother
Old 04-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 15

Ian, as a big minus I would add Ben's pump fake, are you still working on tweaking qb throw?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #32
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Only huge issue I had with it was just the running animation. I thought everything else looked solid and is a very good start. But that stiff running animation is terrible. I'm still skeptical overall, but am still happy that Ian and co. are doing their best to incorporate what OS is suggesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »