Home

Where is "The Pocket"??

This is a discussion on Where is "The Pocket"?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Icon5 Where is "The Pocket"??

If you look about 3/4 of the way through the gametrailers video, the section where Big Ben takes a shotgun snap at the goal line. Watch the tackles, there is ZERO pocket forming.

IAN, I thought we were going to see some kind of O-line/D-line improvement this year. Judging from this video there is ZERO pocket forming. Now I don't even want to start getting into all the other little things that look like they have not been touched.

But I would love you to look at the video section I am referring to and describe to us if this is the so say "Pocket"? Because if this is it, then that is a horrible job at trying to recreate a pocket.

This has me very concerned, because with the introduction of the wildcat formation and some running QB plays. Big Ben in that video could of drank a cup of coffee, walked to the left side of the field and not had a worry in the world about running into a defensive end. This truly still looks broken and like no improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Where is "The Pocket"??

Yes it has been noted in a lot of other threads...

it will be fixed.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

The Steelers Oline doesn't know what a pocket is in real life, so I wouldn't expect them to on the game either. lol, nah you're probably right though, this is probably another area that hasn't been fixed yet.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

well he says hes aware of it but ill reserve judgment till the demo, at least for ncaa, madden cant be to much different. still very worried like the TC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »