Home

Madden 10 video compared to........

This is a discussion on Madden 10 video compared to........ within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 04-24-2009, 03:37 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 41
Madden 10 video compared to........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Just wanted to drop in and say hello from my hotel in NYC. Long day today - up early and demo'ed Madden 10 to a TON of press people from 10 to 4. It was good to meet a lot of folks I hadn't really talked to much before like Brian Ekberg from Gamespot, PastaPadre, and Chris from NCAA Strategies (and many many more people that I will have to check back in my contact list to remember their names). The game showed pretty well (I believe) - we are holding a ton of stuff back until E3 so I felt really hamstrung with what we could show today, but just the PRO-TAK tech alone really wowed a ton of people...so that was encouraging. After an event like this it's a good reminder to all the tuning we still have to do as a few things were still 'cringe-worthy' (as I call them), but all in all I think the reactions were quite positive even we were showing what I believe was an extremely limited demo.

Speaking of PRO-TAK, it is going to be on display in the video on GTTV tonight, so I can't wait for you guys to see it. I am dead for tonight and have a ton of stuff booked tomorrow so I don't know if I'll be on after the video displays, but I look forward to you all picking apart everything as usual and finding the good and bad. You'll see some stuff that you don't like I'm sure (I know I did), but I really hope you get a bit of a surprise when you see PRO-TAK on full display. Looking forward to the impressions...

Peace out - see you in a few days.
So let me list what I thought was good and bad......

The good.......

• Gang Tackling
  • OL/DL Interaction is good but not great
  • On field Refs
The Bad.........

• It seems like the center for both teams was in no mans land every time.
  • That was either a poor trailer by GT or the graphics were not that great at all.
  • Throwing Motion was robotic
  • Player movement was robotic and stiff as a board.
  • Player movement was same as Madden 09 IMO
  • Defensive Backs like the double team on Fitz was not even looking at him.
  • There was no pocket formed at all from what I seen.
  • The same branching tackle animation in Madden 10 as was in 09. When you see a finesse back like Willie Parker move a pile and break out of 2 players doubling up on a tackle is pathetic. No wonder Ian got 300+ yards with Brandon Jacobs when he played.
  • Seemed like the refs was getting knocked down every play. You hardly ever see this in the NFL.
  • The towels were not animated to sway as the player moves.
  • The player models looked horrible with there arms, helmets, face mask, and more.
Think about what you just saw and ask yourself this question....

If I was going to make a game and put a trailer of that game on a national exclusive would I want the best my new game has to offer in that trailer? The answer for everyone would be yes.

Now answer this.....

If that is the best that Madden 10 has to offer than how can you be happy with the product?

Please take the time to compare that video with a game who has already perfected it. I want Madden 10 to be GREAT so I can have fun again so please don't take this as a ***** post.

Do I like the video of Madden 10? No, But I would love to see a better game trailer soon!

Madden 10.........

Now lets compare to the APF videos I made for Ian to look at....

How a QB Drop can look in a Football Video game....

QB Droback, Run & Chuck in APF and how the Shoulders need to be square, Feet Planted, and when throwing deep how he must wind up to make the pass....

OL / DL Interaction the way it should be or better.....

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!

Last edited by NFLHITMAN; 04-24-2009 at 03:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 03:41 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 10 video compared to........

Good post, but you're bound to get hell from people.

Remember, "it's only April".

If Madden could just get it's animations like 2Ks it would improve the game drastically, but for some reason EA keeps focusing on bells and whistles like graphics, gang tackles that end up being unrealistic, and some stupid motto that is suppose to set the tone for the game (I think this year it's 'Fight for every yard!').
Old 04-24-2009, 03:45 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 35

Hitman can you please post this in the Feedback thread too?
Old 04-24-2009, 03:45 AM   #4
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Good post.

Ian said there still needs to be a lot more tuning so yeah, pretty sure a lot of this will get addressed (especially since we mentioned it).
Old 04-24-2009, 03:48 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Good post.

Ian said there still needs to be a lot more tuning so yeah, pretty sure a lot of this will get addressed (especially since we mentioned it).
Yea it needs tuning all right

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 03:49 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Hitman can you please post this in the Feedback thread too?
For some reason when I go to edit when videos are inside it the videos will disappear so I can't copy and paste. I was going to post this in that thread but it would have gotten lost in the shuffle.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 04:34 AM   #7
MVP

Do you ever get the feeling that if you never tried Chocolate you would never know what your missing?

This is how I feel about Madden. If there was no 2K5 or 2K8 than Madden would be the ****! The problem is that we know what is possible in a football game now and 5 years removed from 2K5 and 2 years removed from 2K8 we should be seeing crazy SIM football right now. This trailer IMO is going backwards in a lot of ways.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 04:40 AM   #8
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Excellent inspired post that ian&co def need to read/see/hear...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »