Home

Will this years madden beat out nfl 2k5

This is a discussion on Will this years madden beat out nfl 2k5 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 02:45 AM   #17

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Will this years madden beat out nfl 2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
# simple words. Yes it will. So please stop with all of these 2k5 vs madden 10 threads. It's giving me a headache. BTW ain't it agaist the rules to make a thread like this.
Yep, hardly anyone reads them though...lol there was so many Hey Ian threads after they had the rules set to not make a thread title like that, but there was at least 2 or 3 a day for about a week or 2.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:47 AM   #18
Banned

TooSmart's Arena

OVR: 5

i doubt it but i sure hope so
Old 04-26-2009, 02:50 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

Madden 10 will not best NFL 2K5.

I strongly believe that if they ever plan on making the fans happy by overhauling their engine and animations, taking advantage of the ESPN License, and building a true game play simulation of football, EA NEEDS to skip a year of Madden. That's right, EA needs to make the next Madden within a two-year cycle.

"How will this help when they would be releasing a new game in two years anyway?" you ask??? EA puts out a new Madden every year with each installment adding a few new tweaks and additions, some of which work, many of which are broken. When their 1 year deadline comes up, they have to tie things off and move on.

When they pick up work on the next game, they are too busy fixing things from the previous installment to really add new content to the game. A two-year development cycle is what Madden needs more than anything. This would give the devs so much more time to work out all the kinks in the Madden tech, throw in all those new animations that Madden so desperately needs and FINALLY port over all the modes previous Madden's have had - a proper Owner mode, Create-A-Play/Playbook, Create-A-Situation, and maybe even put some much needed work into SuperStar mode...

Most non-sports games have a 2 year or more dev cycle. If Madden is to be fixed and returned to it's former glory, they need to take the time to actually put out a quality product.

When I play NFL 2K5 or APF 2K8, the animations really do change the way you feel while playing a football game. Look at the QB dropback, WR going "in motion" at the line, the Gang Tackles where one player wraps up the ball carrier giving time for another player to come in and help, and depending on where that player comes into hit, completely changes the way the ball carrier falls and the animation of the gang tackle. When I see the Gang Tackle in Madden, I immediately think "Mini-Game" and "Gimmick" instead of what I should be seeing/thinking..."Game Play Mechanic".

Sorry for the long post. I just really REALLY want Madden to be great again. But the last 5 years have really demorilized me, as well as many others. And it's funny...back in Madden's glory days, I remember everyone bashing 2K5 and Madden fanboys saying how arcadey and unrealistic it was. Now many Madden fans are FINALLY realizing either how brainwashed they were by EA or how blind they were to how great NFL 2K5 really was.

I just want to end with this - I bought into the hype of Madden every year. I always tell myself, "NO! IT'S A TRAP!" until I see the new trailer for Madden, then I just can't wait for the game because all the new features look sooo cool. Then the game comes out and it is so not what it was advertised as, lol.

Folks, just remember this - Madden 09 - 85 "all-new" features. And look at how great that game turned out... Never again will I fall for Madden's advertising...never ever ever...
Old 04-26-2009, 03:25 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 10

NO.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:49 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

Will Madden ever topple the mythical beast that is 2k5??? Probably not.

Does it have to??? Probably not.

I doubt the casual Madden fan could remember that 2K5 ever existed.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #22
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Still too early to tell.
This is definitely true.

I want to point out that we're still looking at alpha. That means we're still seeing the game as it was when the 8 of us played it... our influence hasn't been implemented for the most part (except the QB walk to the line, that's all Watcher). The major tuning and polishing happens in Beta, which is 4-6 weeks away yet. In alpha, it's all putting in stuff and making sure it works... Beta is where it gets tuned.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #23
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

this question can't possibly be answered until after the game is released. Lets say we discuss this question the first part of September. That way the game will have released and people will have had ample to play the game and form concrete opinions.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

Will Madden 10 beat NFL 2k5, or will Madden 10 beat this mythical perfect version of 2k5 that people seem to pretend existed even though it didn't?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »