Home

Will this years madden beat out nfl 2k5

This is a discussion on Will this years madden beat out nfl 2k5 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 12:54 PM   #33
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Will this years madden beat out nfl 2k5

To be honest I havent enjoyed a NFL football game since Madden 96'

Both games sux I the only reason 2k5 is praise is becuz of the exclusive deal....Yea 2k5 was better than Madden 05 but honestly I hated both!

I look at more than jyst presentation when judging games....

Franchise mode was not the best in fact despite the flaws HC09 makes 2k5's look like poop....

Rookies were bad with their weird college stats...FA signings was crazy, trades was unrealistic and they showed the same damn highlights on the show! Bias is great I tell ya......Was there a better football game since 2K5? Who knows thats all opinion but my opinion is that they all sux and im not accepting noone of them....I havent enjoy FOOTBALL since NCAA04!!!!

So if setting the bar for Madden10 is being better than 2k5 than you guys are really bias....My bar is the show09 because that is how a sports game should be!!!

Im not even gonna go into the bugs/glitches 2k5 had

End Rant
Old 04-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
Madden 10 will not best NFL 2K5.

I strongly believe that if they ever plan on making the fans happy by overhauling their engine and animations, taking advantage of the ESPN License, and building a true game play simulation of football, EA NEEDS to skip a year of Madden. That's right, EA needs to make the next Madden within a two-year cycle.

"How will this help when they would be releasing a new game in two years anyway?" you ask??? EA puts out a new Madden every year with each installment adding a few new tweaks and additions, some of which work, many of which are broken. When their 1 year deadline comes up, they have to tie things off and move on.

When they pick up work on the next game, they are too busy fixing things from the previous installment to really add new content to the game. A two-year development cycle is what Madden needs more than anything. This would give the devs so much more time to work out all the kinks in the Madden tech, throw in all those new animations that Madden so desperately needs and FINALLY port over all the modes previous Madden's have had - a proper Owner mode, Create-A-Play/Playbook, Create-A-Situation, and maybe even put some much needed work into SuperStar mode...

Most non-sports games have a 2 year or more dev cycle. If Madden is to be fixed and returned to it's former glory, they need to take the time to actually put out a quality product.

When I play NFL 2K5 or APF 2K8, the animations really do change the way you feel while playing a football game. Look at the QB dropback, WR going "in motion" at the line, the Gang Tackles where one player wraps up the ball carrier giving time for another player to come in and help, and depending on where that player comes into hit, completely changes the way the ball carrier falls and the animation of the gang tackle. When I see the Gang Tackle in Madden, I immediately think "Mini-Game" and "Gimmick" instead of what I should be seeing/thinking..."Game Play Mechanic".

Sorry for the long post. I just really REALLY want Madden to be great again. But the last 5 years have really demorilized me, as well as many others. And it's funny...back in Madden's glory days, I remember everyone bashing 2K5 and Madden fanboys saying how arcadey and unrealistic it was. Now many Madden fans are FINALLY realizing either how brainwashed they were by EA or how blind they were to how great NFL 2K5 really was.

I just want to end with this - I bought into the hype of Madden every year. I always tell myself, "NO! IT'S A TRAP!" until I see the new trailer for Madden, then I just can't wait for the game because all the new features look sooo cool. Then the game comes out and it is so not what it was advertised as, lol.

Folks, just remember this - Madden 09 - 85 "all-new" features. And look at how great that game turned out... Never again will I fall for Madden's advertising...never ever ever...
What he said.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
I think you should hold on to that question until August 14.

lol, man ive been reading these types of posts for the last 5 years. only to be disappointed aug 14th/launch day. lmao

cycle upon cycle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
hey guys for the past 4 years i have bought every madden only eventually switching back to nfl 2k5 and getting the updates for it. my big question is will madden 10 finally be better than a game that came out close to 5 years ago. im not dissing madden at all. the games are great fun and entertaining but when it comes down to realism so aspects of 2k5 still beat madden.
Beating out 2k5 and/or 2k8 would be satisfactory for me; 2k5 came out five years ago, 2k8 came out 2 years ago. Game play wise, M10 needs to blow both of these titles away.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:02 PM   #37
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
Madden 10 will not best NFL 2K5.

I strongly believe that if they ever plan on making the fans happy by overhauling their engine and animations, taking advantage of the ESPN License, and building a true game play simulation of football, EA NEEDS to skip a year of Madden. That's right, EA needs to make the next Madden within a two-year cycle.

"How will this help when they would be releasing a new game in two years anyway?" you ask??? EA puts out a new Madden every year with each installment adding a few new tweaks and additions, some of which work, many of which are broken. When their 1 year deadline comes up, they have to tie things off and move on.

When they pick up work on the next game, they are too busy fixing things from the previous installment to really add new content to the game. A two-year development cycle is what Madden needs more than anything. This would give the devs so much more time to work out all the kinks in the Madden tech, throw in all those new animations that Madden so desperately needs and FINALLY port over all the modes previous Madden's have had - a proper Owner mode, Create-A-Play/Playbook, Create-A-Situation, and maybe even put some much needed work into SuperStar mode...

Most non-sports games have a 2 year or more dev cycle. If Madden is to be fixed and returned to it's former glory, they need to take the time to actually put out a quality product.

When I play NFL 2K5 or APF 2K8, the animations really do change the way you feel while playing a football game. Look at the QB dropback, WR going "in motion" at the line, the Gang Tackles where one player wraps up the ball carrier giving time for another player to come in and help, and depending on where that player comes into hit, completely changes the way the ball carrier falls and the animation of the gang tackle. When I see the Gang Tackle in Madden, I immediately think "Mini-Game" and "Gimmick" instead of what I should be seeing/thinking..."Game Play Mechanic".

Sorry for the long post. I just really REALLY want Madden to be great again. But the last 5 years have really demorilized me, as well as many others. And it's funny...back in Madden's glory days, I remember everyone bashing 2K5 and Madden fanboys saying how arcadey and unrealistic it was. Now many Madden fans are FINALLY realizing either how brainwashed they were by EA or how blind they were to how great NFL 2K5 really was.

I just want to end with this - I bought into the hype of Madden every year. I always tell myself, "NO! IT'S A TRAP!" until I see the new trailer for Madden, then I just can't wait for the game because all the new features look sooo cool. Then the game comes out and it is so not what it was advertised as, lol.

Folks, just remember this - Madden 09 - 85 "all-new" features. And look at how great that game turned out... Never again will I fall for Madden's advertising...never ever ever...
Agreed with 100%
Old 04-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 15

Hearing The Watcher say that WEIGHT, MOMENTUM, and PHYSICS is either on par or surpassed NFL 2k5 is one of the biggest things I have heard said on this forum in a loooonnggg time! I have always been a Madden fan and never got into the 2k series but this has been a HUGE problem for the next gen Madden's. The players have been turning on a dime, and have been moving around with no momentum or weight for far to long. This has been the biggest reason why Madden has such an arcade like feel.

THe Watcher you have just made my day, actually my month!!!!

Last edited by ch46647; 04-26-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man

Franchise mode was not the best in fact despite the flaws HC09 makes 2k5's look like poop....
Yeah, but it had to. What would Head Coach have been without a strong franchise mode? Most people who play Madden say Head Coach's franchise puts Madden's to shame as well, but that to me doesn't say a whole lot because HC's main focus was on micromanagement, so it should be more solid in that area than a game focused on the act of playing.

The other thing is, if you remove all of what I just said, I think we should expect a game released in 2008 to be better than a game released in 2004 in an area like that...

Quote:
So if setting the bar for Madden10 is being better than 2k5 than you guys are really bias....
I don't think it's a case of bias at all. I think many people who became 2K fans "grew up" playing Madden. But at some point Madden stopped growing with us and 2K gave us what we were looking for. Madden has yet to take it back and fill the void.

The other thing is, if people continue to ask a developer to reach the level of a game made 5 years ago on an inferior system, it's nothing more than an indication that the current developer has failed to reach excellence that would make this no longer an issue. For example, I loved Double Dribble and if you'd asked me what the best B-Ball game was for years I would've said Double Dribble. But better games came out eventually that made me forget about it because they played better and gave me more things than Double Dribble did, and I'm sure many others had the same experience. This hasn't happened with Madden. We've instead gotten less.

So, the bar is where it is because the current developer has not surpassed it in the eyes of the many who hold that opinion.

Quote:
My bar is the show09 because that is how a sports game should be!!!
You'll never hear me disagree here. The Show is insanity and I hate Baseball with every fiber of my being, so that says everything about why The Show is a special game.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #40
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

HC09 without a good franchise would be NFL Headcoach for last gen.....NHL09 franchise sux.....along with alot of other games up to date so HC09 is special in that category and maybe since you really dont like baseball but MLB manager is a franchise base game and its franchise sux also......

I guess your right, people should want a game to be better than their fav game 5 years ago, but I was around here(and MM) for the EA vs 2K wars years ago so Im going by that....

To add:

APF2k8 wasnt better than NFL2k5 imo and that says a LOT about that game....you do not need the NFL to make a good Football game....WE/PES did a great job without some liscenses

Victorious boxing, Fire pro......

If 2k needs the mney how bout invest in a good marketing team...

And by no means am I a 2k ***** as you may kno, I play CHoops more than I sleep....seriously....

Last edited by Jukeman; 04-26-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »