Home

pat white's full rating set

This is a discussion on pat white's full rating set within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: pat white's full rating set

Quote:
Originally Posted by firktaf
I think you may be underestimating the value of his accuracy with the ratings more spread out. I was playing Madden 09 yesterday and I noticed that JaMarcus Russell had a 77 accuracy rating. This is a guy that was the #1 overall player from 2 years ago and the main reason he was taken there was because he had great arm strength with pretty good accuracy. Now with the ratings spread out, what will his accuracy be? 70? In the 60's?

A 72 last year wouldn't be good but we don't really know how well a 72 will rank this year.
We do know it his accuracies are pretty notably below Freeman who is as raw as anyone. We know the 61 overall puts him as the 10th overall QB in the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Hmm hes about average speed, great agility, amazing ball carrier vision, I dont see how this = a 61. But im fine with his rating.
Speed has a pretty moderate effect on a QBs overall. Agility has a very small effect on a QBs overall. Ball carrier vision I think has no effect or at the very most a very small effect on a QBs overall. All those things togethor really don't add signifigantly to his overall.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #43
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

The only questionable rating I see is the play-action rating of 39.

Pat White will have at least as much effectiveness on play-action as any QB in the draft. He doesn’t have the height and footwork for a classic play-action drop back true.

But his throw on the run is 90, so any play-action, roll out type pass or read option type pass should be more effective with him than Stafford or Sanchez. His running ability alone will give receivers an extra step while defenders worry about Pat running the ball.

His leadership and him being a 4 year starter, with 4 bowl victories, should be quantifiable and add to his rating.

Madden also needs to have a leadership rating with a range that can impact others. If it is below 50 you hurt the team when u r on the field (T. O. i'm a cowboy fan and loved t.o. so don't get it twisted. he does affect ur team though good or bad) or if it’s over 90 you help give guys a boost (Ray Lewis). An affect sort of like impact players on NCAA accept it only works on strong leaders (over 90) or locker room cancers (under 50). Anything in between has no affects what so ever but it could be dynamic and linked to ur role/ goal like nba 2k9.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 6

Alot of you are not real. All your thinking about is, someone is going to cheese me with , Pat White. Not, how good he really is. If he was 6'3" he would have been top 1-2 Qb in the draft. And thats a FACT, 1/2 the qbs in this draft is not better then him. 90% of you know that, the other 10% dont know football. His arm is by far better then what he is rated. Playaction passing, the spreed is all playaction so thats BS to be rated that low.

He is only a wildcat qb, is BS also you didnt see him play, or your just a *****, cuz you dont want to put in the work to stop him in madden. The man can throw, and throw better then alot of the qbs in the draft. He showed that this last season.

One last thing, look at who drafted him. THe BIG TUNA, would he draft someone just to play 5-8 plays a game that high? If you go to a miami news paper, youll see they are going to give him a go at QB next year. To see if he can beat out Chad Henne,cuz Penntington will be gone.

Dont try and rate him low cuz you think someone will pick him to cheese. Thats not right
Old 04-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #45
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyghtWork
Alot of you are not real. All your thinking about is, someone is going to cheese me with , Pat White. Not, how good he really is. If he was 6'3" he would have been top 1-2 Qb in the draft. And thats a FACT, 1/2 the qbs in this draft is not better then him. 90% of you know that, the other 10% dont know football. His arm is by far better then what he is rated. Playaction passing, the spreed is all playaction so thats BS to be rated that low.

He is only a wildcat qb, is BS also you didnt see him play, or your just a *****, cuz you dont want to put in the work to stop him in madden. The man can throw, and throw better then alot of the qbs in the draft. He showed that this last season.

One last thing, look at who drafted him. THe BIG TUNA, would he draft someone just to play 5-8 plays a game that high? If you go to a miami news paper, youll see they are going to give him a go at QB next year. To see if he can beat out Chad Henne,cuz Penntington will be gone.

Dont try and rate him low cuz you think someone will pick him to cheese. Thats not right
Amen lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smace767
The only questionable rating I see is the play-action rating of 39.

Pat White will have at least as much effectiveness on play-action as any QB in the draft. He doesn’t have the height and footwork for a classic play-action drop back true.

But his throw on the run is 90, so any play-action, roll out type pass or read option type pass should be more effective with him than Stafford or Sanchez. His running ability alone will give receivers an extra step while defenders worry about Pat running the ball.

His leadership and him being a 4 year starter, with 4 bowl victories, should be quantifiable and add to his rating.

Madden also needs to have a leadership rating with a range that can impact others. If it is below 50 you hurt the team when u r on the field (T. O. i'm a cowboy fan and loved t.o. so don't get it twisted. he does affect ur team though good or bad) or if it’s over 90 you help give guys a boost (Ray Lewis). An affect sort of like impact players on NCAA accept it only works on strong leaders (over 90) or locker room cancers (under 50). Anything in between has no affects what so ever but it could be dynamic and linked to ur role/ goal like nba 2k9.
The reason Pat's play action rating is so low is probably due to him not ever using traditional play action fakes and therefore not having the footwork to do it.

His effectiveness in those rollout situations is not due to his footwork or his ability to execute those fakes, it will be in his ability to make those throws on the run and to extend the play with his speed and elusiveness. Those things will make him effective on rollout type plays without making him overly effective on other play action plays.

I agree there needs to be leadership in this game, there are a lot of ratings EA needs to add, but without it there is no real way to give him leadership abilities.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
This is a very good question and needs to be answered before this discussion goes any further.
Because the ratings were mailed in about 2 weeks ago (not based on draft position whatsoever, only draft projection).

The good news here is that it is only April. And we have plenty of time to make adjustments where necessary.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Because the ratings were mailed in about 2 weeks ago (not based on draft position whatsoever, only draft projection).

The good news here is that it is only April. And we have plenty of time to make adjustments where necessary.
I wouldn't worry too much about changing these guys. It looks like most of what I have seen is pretty solid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »