Home

Blog Monday?

This is a discussion on Blog Monday? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #17
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Blog Monday?

I just want see a blog with info containing info bout franchise mode. I could careless bout a blog on a formation in a playbook. I can see the wildcat plays in action when I play the game. I want info on franchise mode. Franchise mode is what going to make the game go for 2010.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I just want see a blog with info containing info bout franchise mode. I could careless bout a blog on a formation in a playbook. I can see the wildcat plays in action when I play the game. I want info on franchise mode. Franchise mode is what going to make the game go for 2010.
I'm with ya 100%
Old 04-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
I'm with ya 100%
Yeah, I guess THIS would be great to see/hear more info on.
Either way, I think Ian is excited to show some new items.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:27 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzecHitYou
Yeah, I guess THIS would be great to see/hear more info on.
Either way, I think Ian is excited to show some new items.
If it actually improves gameplay show it... If it is another gimmick - spare me.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
If it actually improves gameplay show it... If it is another gimmick - spare me.
it allows madden to be a more team-oriented sport... how is that even near a gimmick?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 11:59 PM   #22
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
I'm with ya 100%
Im with you guys on that one.

Really dont care too much about the wildcat(just hope it is not a cheesers dream come true formation). Im hungry for some Franchise info badly.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:03 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam21224
Im with you guys on that one.

Really dont care too much about the wildcat(just hope it is not a cheesers dream come true formation). Im hungry for some Franchise info badly.
I agree with all of you. It's time to hear about online franchise!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:36 AM   #24
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Anyone who calls Pro-Tak a gimmick either completely misunderstands what it is or is, quite frankly, just looking for reasons to denigrate Madden.

For years we've been hearing about how 2k5 had 3-man tackles (no, it didn't, it had 2 man tackles in which one guy fell off right before 2 others made the tackle) and Madden was way behind in this regard (despite the previous parenthetical statement, this is still true); yet now that Madden has clearly and decisively destroyed that argument for Madden 10, we now find out that, apparently, gang tackling is a "gimmick".

Find me a game in which a pile up of that sort didn't happen. Find ONE in which a player was never stood up by one defender and a few more came in and put him down. Find one. There's no button mashing, there's no mini-game with the gang tackling, it's a dynamic tackling system that can change in real time. Yes, you can truck stick out of it with bigger backs (and smaller backs at lower levels, I guess... tuning issue, we'll see), but Frank Gore does this several times a season. I don't watch as much of any other team, but I'd venture to guess there are a few other backs that do the same with relative regularity.

As for questions about "steering"... if you're the back, and you're close to a first down, obviously you want to keep moving forward, dragging defenders over the down marker. As the defense, they will try to move you right or left to bring you down short of it. I can't really comment on how well it works, honestly I never noticed it much, but then, it's not something that should be terribly apparent all the time. This applies to one-on-one tackles as well.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »