Home

opinions on user catching

This is a discussion on opinions on user catching within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
opinions on user catching

just wondering how others feel about the user catch, more control or less control. i know that there has been cheesing in the past, but if the system was based more on gaining position and timing, i feel it would be more fair. It could help bring fade routes into redzone strategy. To me its half of the passing game, i had much more fun with ncaa than madden because of user catching.

has Ian mentioned anything in regards to user catch for madden10? i notice it gets harder and less responsive every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 12:44 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: opinions on user catching

Any game I have ever played hasn't come close to making it feel real to me. QBs and RBs they are getting closer on.

But playing a WR in a game is about as enjoyable as ......... well use your imagination but generally something boring.....

So, as is right now I really don't want any control until AFTER the catch is made.

After the catch the have down well enough.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:31 AM   #3
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

I say make it like the legacy gen version and make it so you have to TIME when to press the Y (or triangle) button... instead of just holding it down like you can now..... make it so you have to press it when the receiver should be catching the pass...
Old 04-27-2009, 02:32 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 33

Full control like previous gen.

Ratings + Timing = Catch
Old 04-27-2009, 02:38 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 18

I have been disappointed that letting the CPU make my catches is more often then not the smarter move to make. I want to be able to catch every ball thrown manually, and the player control is so bad that it just does not work in Madden 09.

Take the stop route for example. All you have to do is hold up as you throw and your WR automatically goes into the jumping animation for you and comes down with it easily. There needs to be more user input involved in the passing game. Some of the "glitch" passes are caused by the CPU automatically going into certain animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 03:06 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 11

There is zero enjoyment trying pathetically to make catches in 09.

I loved making manual catches on current gen, like in 06, but now it is pretty ridiculous. I hope M10 addresses this; coupled with WR/DB jostling and interaction, making a user catch would feel rewarding and POSSIBLE again, haha.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:02 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotjackdup
just wondering how others feel about the user catch, more control or less control. i know that there has been cheesing in the past, but if the system was based more on gaining position and timing, i feel it would be more fair. It could help bring fade routes into redzone strategy. To me its half of the passing game, i had much more fun with ncaa than madden because of user catching.

has Ian mentioned anything in regards to user catch for madden10? i notice it gets harder and less responsive every year.
I've been hoping this would be much more improved this year. It was great on past-gen, but has pretty much completely sucked on next gen. I pray to God that Ian has improved this a lot. I love user catching.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 35

Feels broken in next gen, feels good on PS2 or Xbox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »