Home

How would you guys feel about two separate tiers for individual player celebrations?

This is a discussion on How would you guys feel about two separate tiers for individual player celebrations? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
How would you guys feel about two separate tiers for individual player celebrations?

This is just a thought I had...

What if there were 2 tiers to the individual celebrations in the endzone? For example:

1) No individual celebrations; if a player is in this tier then he doesn't really celebrate in the endzone by himself, he would do one of several things when a celebration is triggered.

-- turn and point at teammates who are coming towards him before flipping the ball to the ref and running off the field with his teammates.

-- bump helmets with teammates and receive various high fives and pats on the helmet and butt as he runs off the field with his teammates.

-- he can run and give someone a hip bump or chest bump

-- if it's a long break away TD maybe the player can flip the ball to the ref and start jogging towards the sidelines while yelling and pointing to teammates

-- etc.

2) Individual celebrations; obviously the players in this tier would use all of the various dances, poses, and goal post dunk and layup animations that we currently have in Madden.

The tier that a player is in could be a hidden attribute (we don't need more nonessential info on the screen.) But I think this would help with the immersion, if I just scored a TD with Marvin Harrison or Jerricho Cotchery and tap the Y button for a celebration I don't want to see them break out into song and dance in the corner of the endzone by themselves.

I think something like this could help in future games. What do you guys think?

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 04-27-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 08:19 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: How would you guys feel about two separate tiers for individual player celebratio

^^^ Brilliant. This is something I've been wanting to see forever. Quite frankly, seeing Peyton Manning do the Superman in 09 was horror personified. This should never happen.

And the one thing I want to see die a horrible death is the running to a square thing. I hate it passionately. The entire endzone should be a hotspot, not some blue lighted disco square.

Celebrations were still being worked on in the Alpha and were not available for testing, but I'm hoping the run to a spot stuff is over... but I doubt it. I just don't know how we got to a point where celebrations are so restrictive and the TD camera's became so awful. What happened?
Old 04-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: How would you guys feel about two separate tiers for individual player celebratio

That's a great idea, interesting so see what the ones in 2010 turn out like
Old 04-27-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 33

Fifa 09 celebration system.

No two celebrations are ever the same. Millions of possibilities.

All user-controlled. So its actually rewarding when you pull of the celebration.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

GREAT idea. I love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

man i have got to play FIFA even tho its a.....ewww soccer game
Old 05-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Don't expect team celabrations. Because remember NFL does not allow that in the real nfl game on sunday and it want happen on the game neither. Mainly because NFL is no fun league remember.lol
Old 05-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #8
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Great idea!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »