Home

Questions about Wildcat

This is a discussion on Questions about Wildcat within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2009, 11:07 PM   #9
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Questions about Wildcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T Xtreme
I posted this question in the wildcat thread, but it was overlooked. Sorry for making this thread, but I really wanted to get an answer on this lol
lol whatever works.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:18 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
As of right now you can't audible out of it for the exploit reason.

Each team has their wildcat formation specific tailored to their key player that will run it. So if Dallas gets the wildcat their formation would have Stanback lined up as the QB. We're trying to do packages that get the alternate guy in there as well (in the case that Pat White gets officially tagged as WR or RB or something instead of QB).
Will the Giants have one? I don't think we even ran one all last season. If we did I don't think it worked too well. lol
Old 04-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #11
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
Nice! Keep it like that Ian, no audibles out!
you ae right that there shouldnt be audibles out of it but u should be able to audible to different plays in the wildcat like the pass play, the keeper, or the handoff...since there are basically 3 plays in the wildcat form...just all modified...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #12
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
As of right now you can't audible out of it for the exploit reason.

Each team has their wildcat formation specific tailored to their key player that will run it. So if Dallas gets the wildcat their formation would have Stanback lined up as the QB. We're trying to do packages that get the alternate guy in there as well (in the case that Pat White gets officially tagged as WR or RB or something instead of QB).
Was just talking about this with LBz, I was telling him id really like to see it put in with Stanback running it but our secondary option, at least at this point is Crayton who played a little qb in college and can throw the ball pretty well, not all that deep but pretty well.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:33 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

I would like to see them just have the formation audibles available. Actually this could work for all formations keeping people from audibling to create weird combinations that lead to cheese. Limiting audibles to this could give you more options to audible to within the same formation while stopping people from cheesing by moving players into positions they wouldn't normally be in. Also, it would do this without taking away the ability to audible.

Also, what are the rules in the NFL about having two or more players motioning once the linemen are set? I know there are rules limiting motions and whatnot and these audibles can put up to 6 players in motion all at the same time.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #14

KANE699's Arena

I too wanted this, the option to if available (like in the dolphins wildcat plays) have the ability to option to one of the pass plays or one of the run plays.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Was just talking about this with LBz, I was telling him id really like to see it put in with Stanback running it but our secondary option, at least at this point is Crayton who played a little qb in college and can throw the ball pretty well, not all that deep but pretty well.
I've heard Crayton joke that he throws the ball farther than romo, which I doubt haha. It is true about his quarterback skill. The Cowboys have used him before in gadget plays where he threw the ball. I would also like to see QB Stephen Mcgee available as an option to play wildcat qb. Since we drafted him, he's been rumored to be used as a wildcat qb this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 11:42 PM   #16

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T Xtreme
I've heard Crayton joke that he throws the ball farther than romo, which I doubt haha. It is true about his quarterback skill. The Cowboys have used him before in gadget plays where he threw the ball. I would also like to see QB Stephen Mcgee available as an option to play wildcat qb. Since we drafted him, he's been rumored to be used as a wildcat qb this season.
He can't really run though, Crayton or Stanback are much better options to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »