Home

How about fixing the WR Stances

This is a discussion on How about fixing the WR Stances within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 05:16 AM   #57
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: How about fixing the WR Stances

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man 451
The same issue for Defensive ends. In madden, they have the wrong hand down. In football, the inside hand is down. In madden, they have the outside hand down. It's been that way for some time.

Thats not necessarily true. There are different schools of thought as to which hand should be down. See here the outisde hand is down for the LDE:

Some coaches teach the outside hand down in order to get a punch with the inside hand as soon as possible. This is usually employed by Power Rushers, 3-4 DEs or in run situations. For Speed Rushers and pass situations it is normal to reverse it because they want to get upfield as fast as possible and turn the corner on the O-lineman by dipping the inside shoulder and leaning their backs into the block.

Also in that pic the slot receiver has his outside leg up although in a tight bunch he will most likely be running his route outside.

With DE Stances, just like with WR stances, their is no "wrong way" to lineup. It depends largely on coaching and/or situations/player strengths.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 04-28-2009, 08:44 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

The current receiver stance does not look realistic. Here's an example of how most (if not all) receivers in the NFL stand -

(Not Linked)

Notice how their legs are positioned.

Last edited by 61woods; 04-28-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
I hope those cleats are in the game! they look amazing!
I hope those socks are in the game lol
Old 04-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 12

brza37, the point is that all DE's don't line up with their outside hands down like they currently do in Madden. The majority line up with their inside hand down. Some do line up with their outside hand down and some even line up in a 4 point stance but the way Madden currently has it is wrong.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #61
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

As far as stances go, I think it would be best from an aesthetic POV if stances were different for the players. In other words, all the O-linemen aren't in the exact same stance, moving in unison out of the huddle, etc. Same goes for d-linemen -- you'd have an end in a 3-point stance with an inside hand down, a DT in a four-point and so on. I think it'd make things look much more natural and less robotic...

This previously posted pic demonstrates this reasonably well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
There's more variety in how the players are lined up than what we saw in 09 (or maybe I'm just being picky, I'm not exactly Mr. Football):

Last edited by Qb; 04-28-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 12

Agreed.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #63
Rookie

red butler's Arena

OVR: 3

One thing that has always bothered me is when the ballcarrier carries the ball with his inside arm. From the videos, it looks like the ball is carried in the dominant hand, but shouldn't it depend on the direction of the play?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #64
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Please fix it, but I agree that there should be variations of the defensive line depending on the player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »