Home

Button Mash WHY!!!!!!!???????

This is a discussion on Button Mash WHY!!!!!!!??????? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Button Mash WHY!!!!!!!???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
Im stunned that the majority enjoy button mashing. I was expecting a strong reaction from the majority of OS guys. This is the community that goes berserk over colors of socks, that agreed that the mini games such as the bench press and 40 yard dash are horrible for franchise (essentially mashing games) and cannot howl enough about depth in franchise, yet arcade style button mashing with an attached cutscene is ok?

I cant believe this, Look at Fight Night the franchise was made on removing mashing for stick control, mashing is 1980. Even if there is unanimous support i only ask that it can be turned off.

Im still shocked! at this response
Its not arcade, the best way to represent a FIGHT is button mashing, it makes the most sense.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
I have a feeling that I would lose at least one of my controllers with this "feature." I think we need another idea.
Glad someone has some foresight here....yes mashing leads to buying extra controllers esp when you play a game everyday for a year!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #35
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Guys there are threads already made about this....I am not thrilled with the idea that you are under the pile and all you have to do is mash a button the whole time. When I play a game of football, its usually suppost to be relaxing and fun. Not killing my Thumb for some stupid Button Mashing thing. And the people refering this to Gears Chainsaw Duel got to realize that was Gears of War and not football. If they do keep this Gay IMO button Mashing feature in it, atleast have a way to turn the smashing feature off for Sim players that dont want to kill thier Thumbs and would like the suspence.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees

Last edited by Candyman5; 04-28-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #36
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

I personally think it's the only way to give the user somewhat of a control on who recovers the ball in a pile up. Instead of complaining about how "non hardcore" the feature is, how about you offer some suggestions on how you would like it done?

My only problem is the whole meter aspect of it. If that gets toned down (or possibly removed), I think it's a good idea to allow the user to fight for the fumble. I sure wouldn't like to have the cpu decide who comes up with the fumble.

And besides, how many times are we going to see fumbles with pile ups in a game people? Why is it that people are acting like this is a fundamental part of the game, like this occurs just as often as a forward pass? Chill out!

Last edited by g2thecore; 04-28-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Just cuz
Old 04-28-2009, 11:29 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
Its not arcade, the best way to represent a FIGHT is button mashing, it makes the most sense.
Is that why FIGHT Night is so popular? its success is mashing is it?
Old 04-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Glad someone has some foresight here....yes mashing leads to buying extra controllers esp when you play a game everyday for a year!
He wasn't talking about button mashing he was talking about moving the sticks.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #39
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Im stunned that the majority enjoy button mashing. I was expecting a strong reaction from the majority of OS guys. This is the community that goes berserk over colors of socks, that agreed that the mini games such as the bench press and 40 yard dash are horrible for franchise (essentially mashing games) and cannot howl enough about depth in franchise, yet arcade style button mashing with an attached cutscene is ok?

I cant believe this, Look at Fight Night the franchise was made on removing mashing for stick control, mashing is 1980. Even if there is unanimous support i only ask that it can be turned off.

Im still shocked! at this response
They dont...lol. In the poll Thread:
Yes, take it out. 192
Keep it, I need to see who has the ball. 31

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 04-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Is that why FIGHT Night is so popular? its success is mashing is it?
Its a completely DIFFERENT situation, that is a whole game compared to a few seconds, you aren't very bright are you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »