Home

Will franchise keep track of REAL LIFE draft pick trades?

This is a discussion on Will franchise keep track of REAL LIFE draft pick trades? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Will franchise keep track of REAL LIFE draft pick trades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I think the concept most Madden franchise players institute that you don't is the fact that they are taking over a team after a full NFL off-season has already ended so typically most hardcore franchise guys just live with the decisions the previous regime made just like a person would be forced to in real life.

Now the new GM does have the option to make subtle personnel changes, but that new GM isn't going to cut that team's first round pick from 4 months just because he doesn't like him nor is he going to completely reshape the roster prior to year 1 if he is taking over the team in August (which is basically the point in time Madden starts us off with).
really? you reply to my previous statement like this? how many times does it need to be said I DON"T DO THESE THINGS i'm simply presenting the other side of the coin and i'm still waiting on answers from my various questions.

and once again Madden is not made with only hardcore franchise guys (LIKE ME AND YOU) in mind. it's made for all football gamers. of course real life GMs are probably not doing this stuff, but i don't remember a season in NFL history where the entire league got together and held a complete fantasy draft either.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
On that note, I think I am done with this debate. This isn't even worth responding to.
honestly none of your posts were really worth responding to, but i figured since everyone in this thread was going along with this premise that the other side needed to be presented as well
Old 05-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #59
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

There's no reason why this shouldn't be in the game. It was in NFL Head Coach 09 and the guy who worked on that game is now working on franchise in Madden, so why not??
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 05-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeveli20
That's an excellent point that just shows exactly why this should be included. If the Saints traded Colston for Moss tomorrow, then in Madden 2010, Colston would be on the Patriots and Moss would be on the Saints. But if they traded a 2010 1st for Moss like you said, in Madden 2010 the Saints would have Colston, Moss and the 1st rounder that they traded away and the Patriots would have none of those things.

But like I said above, it would probably be best to just have the option before starting a franchise to use the real life draft picks so those that like to run a "fake" franchise can do so if they please.
but you know one more thing here, there really isn't a need for an option because if you want once you get into franchise you're free to make any real changes you see fit. that's kind of the point of the Madden series when it comes to rosters it's like burger king, you can have it your way
Old 05-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke_311
There's no reason why this shouldn't be in the game. It was in NFL Head Coach 09 and the guy who worked on that game is now working on franchise in Madden, so why not??
probably because the games appeal to two different types of gamers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 6

I agree with moylan that the option should be in the game but it shouldn't be pre-boxed. You can undo roster moves but if the picks come pre-boxed you can't undo that.

That aside, for hardcore gamers the draft isn't done perfectly. If you want to do what the Patriots did you can't. You also can't recreate the trades that Chicago made for Cutler or that the Jets made to move up for Sanchez. You are only limited to ten picks in the current years draft and you're limited to 3x3 trades.

If you play with the real life draft picks next year as the Patriots you would be the supposed beneficiary of this chance but in reality your hands would be tied because you already have the 10 pick max. If you want to trade someone for a pick, you couldn't unless you traded a pick first. Say the Patriots went 13-3 and won the Superbowl - they're picking at 32 and there's no one there that matches their needs? They can't move out of that pick unless they package other picks or move up somewhere else which unbalances the trade. In real life, Bill could move down because he's not limited to the amount of picks he has or like he does year after year move into next years draft. In Madden though, that's impossible so while its a good idea they would (and should) in my opinion expand your potential to move around the draft prior to that happening.

Last edited by cam780; 05-08-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
I agree with moylan that the option should be in the game but it shouldn't be pre-boxed. You can undo roster moves but if the picks come pre-boxed you can't undo that.

That aside, for hardcore gamers the draft isn't done perfectly. If you want to do what the Patriots did you can't. You also can't recreate the trades that Chicago made for Cutler or that the Jets made to move up for Sanchez. You are only limited to ten picks in the current years draft and you're limited to 3x3 trades.

If you play with the real life draft picks next year as the Patriots you would be the supposed beneficiary of this chance but in reality your hands would be tied because you already have the 10 pick max. If you want to trade someone for a pick, you couldn't unless you traded a pick first. Say the Patriots went 13-3 and won the Superbowl - they're picking at 32 and there's no one there that matches their needs? They can't move out of that pick unless they package other picks or move up somewhere else which unbalances the trade. In real life, Bill could move down because he's not limited to the amount of picks he has or like he does year after year move into next years draft. In Madden though, that's impossible so while its a good idea they would (and should) in my opinion expand your potential to move around the draft prior to that happening.
holy cow somebody agrees with me! I should of known it'd be a fellow sox fan.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
holy cow somebody agrees with me! I should of known it'd be a fellow sox fan.
2004 changed us. We're rational now lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »