Home

DOUBLE TEAM BLOCKING

This is a discussion on DOUBLE TEAM BLOCKING within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #33
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: DOUBLE TEAM BLOCKING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
Gotcha, that makes a lot more sense. I thought you were saying the offense needs to dynamicly address dominant players on the fly.

Unfortunately, you are basically looking for real blocking rules...which I don't think we'll get. We aren't going to get any gap-down-backer, it'll almost certainly be based on pre-snap alignments, possibly the slants if the player is fast enough to intercept the OL, but I doubt that.

From some PM's with Ian (long, long ago now) I've gathered that they don't have to ability to program real blocking rules (which, coaching the OL for a year, I can certainly understand...its tough to get people to understand those types of things while they are playing).

This is the same reason why the flexbone/option has been broken in NCAA for so long, they can't program rules. I believe that each blocker gets a pre-determined defender to block at/before the snap and can't deviate from that person. I just base this on watching FB/pulling guards chase players the wrong direction instead of going into the hole.

As long as the nose get's doubled on dives/isos and the DE gets doubled on plays were I have a wing I'll be happy.
I think it's also important to note that double teams are just as important for a defense. To reiterate my earlier point, if someone on your dline can't demand a double team, you are going to be in for a long day as olinemen will consistently get to your linebackers at the 2nd level in a hurry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »