Home

R-stick for DL

This is a discussion on R-stick for DL within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
R-stick for DL

I havent seen anyone talk about it but in the OS blog it talked about the r stick is used on the DL for the moves. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: R-stick for DL

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...man-moves.html

Bring back the D-Line moves.
A deadly spin move off a D-Lineman with maybe control of the right joystick or a swim move or rip move using the right joystick like you would set up punches in Fight Night.

Ex1: Spin Move- You are the Right DE and are rushing the passer 1 on 1 against the LT. You set up the LT my speed rushing outside and as the LT is going to make contact you push the right thumstick downward at maybe 6 or 7'oclock position to dip yuor left shoulder into him and upon contact you swirl the thumbstick CLOCKWISE 360degrees and hopefully you have a free lane to the QB (spinning it a certain direction clockwise vs. counterclockwise depending on what side of the line you are on and which way you want to spin). Success of the spin move is determined by the D-Linemans agility + pass rush + finesse move rating vs. the OLineman’s agility + str + pass rating + pass block footwork

Ex2: Swim Move- I’ll use RDE vs. LT again. This is successful with a good jump off the snap and a speed rushing DE as you will be swimming around the back of the LT. You start your rush and jab the right stick to 3o’clock (faking a move inside) and instantly roll the joystick from 9o’clock counterclockwise back to 3o’clock simulating a swim move around the back of the lineman. Again this should be used with a speed rusher getting to the outside of the O-lineman and more successful on 5-7 step drops. Success will be determined by D-Linemans accel + agility + pass rush + finesse move ratings vs. O-Lineman’s agility + str + pass rating + pass block footwork.

Ex3: Rip Move- RDE vs. LT. It is a much simpler move to do on the joystick but harder to pull off. A good jump always makes a pass rush more successful so get a good jump off the snap and press right joystick to 3’oclock to make the move inside and while engaged immediately roll the joystick clockwise to 6o’clock to attempt a rip move to the inside of the offensive lineman. Success is based on D-lineman’s accel + str + pass rush + bull rush (which I think should be changed to strength move) vs. OL’s str + pass rating + pass blk str.

Ex4: Bull Rush- RDE vs. LT. Very simple move to do but hardest to pull off because there are so many strong Tackles out there. Doesn’t involve right joystick but jabbing the joystick in a direction can fake a move inside or outside getting the lineman off balance increasing chance of success. To bull rush you simply rush the passer and push A before the lineman contacts you to attempt to get under his pads and gain lower leverage. If you get the leverage and push A it will stand him up and move him back, but you have to push A again to go low again and push him back a few feet again until you have a lane open to QB or have panicked the QB to move elsewhere in the pocket and perhaps get sacked by another player. This play will not always get the sack but it will disrupt the QBs timing and let him feel the rush and that whole new rating of throw on the run may be a factor here. Success is determined by D-Linemans Str + pass rush + str move rating (now you see why I want bull rush rating changed… unless they are gonna make all new pass rush ratings of bull rush, spin move, rip move, and swim move) vs. OL’s str + pass block + pass blk str.

I think this would be an awesome idea for madden 10 and the future, if you guys have any other ideas ABOUT DEFENSIVE LINE MOVES ONLY (no hijacking) then please add them here!!

Here’s a cool video showing how some of the moves are used in real life. Enjoy!!

Old 05-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

This is better, in my opinion. But only if the run/pass commit is no longer mapped to the right analog. They used to have right stick control for DL moves on last gen, but I'm not sure they put it in the manual, and it often didn't work properly because it would either register as pass/run commit or even hit stick.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

yeah was curious how this was gonna work and wondered if they took out the run/pass commit.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

this is a lot better IMO. i thought it was too boring controlling my DE because all you do is hit the left/right bumper button for your DE to make a move. with the right stick, you will have more control with your DE/DT and there are more moves. This is so much better and since im a Giants fan, it will be great to have full control over Justin Tuck's 98 overall rating. God i cant wait for this game!

Is this definitely in the game or are they thinking about it? Hopefully it will be in the game if its not already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
Rookie

No it's not in the game... just an idea I want to be in it. I would love it!
Old 05-04-2009, 03:23 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry8100
No it's not in the game... just an idea I want to be in it. I would love it!
try and get this great idea to Ian!!! it would make the game much more interesting and challenging.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
Rookie

how can I get it to him? Doesn't the thread get deleted if you post it to him?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »