Home

True or False: The rocket catch is a glitch?

This is a discussion on True or False: The rocket catch is a glitch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #33
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: True or False: The rocket catch is a glitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
to answer the question first,the RC is an EXPLOIT,not a glitch.It should be evened out,so that defenders have an equal chance of picking it off just as well as wrs have at catching it.,until then,it will be one of the biggest exploits used on Madden...

i am very surprised at all the guys on OS clamoring for better gameplay.where are you guys online? all i see online are people exploiting the game. people who RC all game,sprint away from the line with the qb,no huddle,glitchers,use the same 2 plays all game,these are the prevalent players you face on madden. they clamor for these exploits and tourney guys make this style of play like it is the holy grail of madden. One thing I would love to see is it taking actual SKILL AND STRATEGY to win a game of madden...guess i'm just dreaming.

I feel you man..I'm always online..but recently I stopped...I cant stand that RC glitching...it just ruins the entire experience for me online.....seriously....there is no reason to go online because of these "exploits"...

and the dudes that do the RCing online..dont come on here for the most part and complain because they are the one that just play to win...even if it is unrealistic how they do it.

I rather play someone that no huddles the entire game, as long as dude doesnt RC...because unlike the RC, no huddling does happen in real life..
Old 05-05-2009, 10:58 PM   #34
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
I agree. This stuff sucks because someone can just RC down field and there is no way to stop it. I was in a man to man with 4 lbs doing a hook zone and still couldnt do anything
lol..i no man..its crazy..foreal...

Ian..I still believe man..
Old 05-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #35
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin4QB
Glitch or Not just give me a way to defend it

Here you go... this may help...

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/news/Kobra-041509

In this strategy blog, he's trying to stop the Flanker Screen and the Rocket Catch as both are being abused in online and tourney play.

It is VERY important to do the coverage audible on defense ( Y then down on the Right stick on the 360 ) to make your players play inside on their Zones. Like it's said in the link above.... this is critical in getting your players to at least attempt to play "underneath" to stop the dreaded "Rocket Catch".

I've had success using the inside zone coverage audible to at least contain the damn Rocket catch. Give it a try. Good luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #36
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
Here you go... this may help...

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/news/Kobra-041509

In this strategy blog, he's trying to stop the Flanker Screen and the Rocket Catch as both are being abused in online and tourney play.

It is VERY important to do the coverage audible on defense ( Y then down on the Right stick on the 360 ) to make your players play inside on their Zones. Like it's said in the link above.... this is critical in getting your players to at least attempt to play "underneath" to stop the dreaded "Rocket Catch".

I've had success using the inside zone coverage audible to at least contain the damn Rocket catch. Give it a try. Good luck.

that will help but..Clayton on that play will be G-O-N-E lol...i think that defense would be good to catch someone off guard..but only for a series or two at most lol before the other player picks up on it
Old 05-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 14

Thanks. Sucks we have to resort to this - but next year I hope SKILLS overcome glitches and maybe JUST MAYBE when we see a level 32 we will know that we are playing someone who DESERVES IT
Old 05-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #38
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
Thanks. Sucks we have to resort to this - but next year I hope SKILLS overcome glitches and maybe JUST MAYBE when we see a level 32 we will know that we are playing someone who DESERVES IT
lol yeah i no right...first it was the DL Pinch Glitch in 08 (with the RC Glitch), and now we still are putting up with the RC Glitch...

...maybe when we go online and see a player thats record is 33-2, he/she just simply knows there football
Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #39
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
that will help but..Clayton on that play will be G-O-N-E lol...i think that defense would be good to catch someone off guard..but only for a series or two at most lol before the other player picks up on it

On that particular play..... oh yeah.... he would have been wide open if he ran a fly route, but odds are that your opponent would be so busy trying to Rocket Catch that they wouldnt' send him on a fly, or wouldn't have time to see it.

The main thing to remember from this is the coverage audible to make your players play inside on their zones. It works in any zone defense.

It's almost fun stopping the Rocket Catching chesseballs, and watching their offense sputter out of control once you take their damn exploit away. People who rely on such crap are far from having a football mind, and should stick to games like Blitz and NFL Street.

Man do I hate glitchers and cheesers. I'm getting angry just thinking about it....LOL...!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #40
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
On that particular play..... oh yeah.... he would have been wide open if he ran a fly route, but odds are that your opponent would be so busy trying to Rocket Catch that they wouldnt' send him on a fly, or wouldn't have time to see it.

The main thing to remember from this is the coverage audible to make your players play inside on their zones. It works in any zone defense.

It's almost fun stopping the Rocket Catching chesseballs, and watching their offense sputter out of control once you take their damn exploit away. People who rely on such crap are far from having a football mind, and should stick to games like Blitz and NFL Street.

Man do I hate glitchers and cheesers. I'm getting angry just thinking about it....LOL...!!!
lol you aint the only one man....i thought this thread would seriously have more or a debate to it because there are soooo many passionate RC exploiters out there that will INSIST there isnt anything wrong with the RC exploit...but I'm pleasantly surprised we as a community feel a need for change

Heres to Ian getting it done once and for all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »