Home

True or False: The rocket catch is a glitch?

This is a discussion on True or False: The rocket catch is a glitch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2009, 12:39 AM   #49
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: True or False: The rocket catch is a glitch?

I don't use the RC myself even though I know how to do it. i onestly havce a hard time even playing madden now knowing all these AI flaws. how poorly the D covers non-RC curls, FB dives, mobile QBs, etc. things that are very West-Coast offensive realted things are exploits in 09. I like to run with the FB and throw short slants, curls and play action. I like to you he QB as a weapon when a play breaks down ala Montana, Young and Garcia. etc. etc. etc.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:47 AM   #50
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsilvano21
I sure hope the rocket catch gets taken out once and for all. It's an exploit/glitch/cheese all in one. Please eliminate these clowns that think they are good at madden and think they understand football just cuz they can rocket catch.

In my opinion, madden 10 would be a fail if they don't eliminate the rocket catch from the game. They can have the shiny new features but the bottom line is if a bum can rocket catch down the field on me in madden 10, the game moves backwards instead of progressing and moving in the right direction. They would have to adjust the catch phrase to, "Rocket catch for every yard!"

I'm just concerned because I haven't seen anyone from EA even address the rocket catch directly and say, "look, we are working to eliminate the rocket catch and it will be out of madden 10." there is no reason to not take it out of the game. Too many people rely on it and it's cheap. I hope their solution isn't the physics and the receiver being "limited" with catching the rocket catch. "limiting" it or watering down isn't a solution. Take it out completely please.

I'll be 100% on board with madden 10, along with some others, once the blog one of these Mondays is titled,"R.I.P. Rocket Catch, and this is how we eliminated it!" I don't see y they can't talk about the rocket catch. It's not like it's a top secret feature in the game, unless they don't want us to know that it's still in the game.

Not hating at all, just please take out the rocket catch. It takes no football knowledge to move the ball that way. Bottom line!
you hit it right on the head...

idk if I can totally be on board with Madden 10 until I get a blog that doesnt shy away from saying, "Say Goodbye to Rocket Catching...." or something...

I mean, they make these communities for feedback, and I think the community is speaking out on this.

I trust they will make it happen
Old 05-06-2009, 12:50 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 6

I dont think the rocket catch is a glitch, but it is kind of cheap especially if it is used continuously. To make it worse though in Madden 09, EA didn't even give players adequate options to stop it, although it can be stopped it's kind of hit and miss on certain plays. The game would be much better off without it for the simple fact that it isn't realistic for a receiver to turn that fast. Moreover, a db is not just going to stand there while the receiver makes a catch, which is what happens most of the time in madden when someone performs the rc.

They should remove the rocket catch all together and bring back the ability for users to manually do the spectacular catch like in Madden 08. They just need to find a way to make it less of an exploit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 12:50 AM   #52
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

The only thing I cant understand...is that one of the first posts spoke about the reworking of the FB Dive.....

How come we cant get that with the RC???
Old 05-06-2009, 12:55 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
The only thing I cant understand...is that one of the first posts spoke about the reworking of the FB Dive.....

How come we cant get that with the RC???
Yeah, I completely agree with you on that. They said they wanted to fix all those little animation issues, but they leave out one of the biggest ones? I know the game still has a few months until its in stores, but i just don't get why it has not been mentioned at all.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:00 AM   #54
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjizzle
Yeah, I completely agree with you on that. They said they wanted to fix all those little animation issues, but they leave out one of the biggest ones? I know the game still has a few months until its in stores, but i just don't get why it has not been mentioned at all.
and thats what scares me the most about the entire situation.

They get to the nitty gritty with WRs having better animations that prevent them from just running out of bounds toward the sidelines, how the FB dive should realistically be inturpreted, and how a QB should properly drop back into the pocket....BUT

They just seem to mysteriously miss that thing known as the Rocket Catch lol. wow

Kinda gettin me worried..
Old 05-06-2009, 01:54 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 14

I am glad I am not the only one who hates this. I love how I can make a thread like this and others also hate the same issue and see a need for change unlike other message boards Eye Gee In, where it's "stop complaining"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 01:56 AM   #56
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
I am glad I am not the only one who hates this. I love how I can make a thread like this and others also hate the same issue and see a need for change unlike other message boards Eye Gee In, where it's "stop complaining"
lol I know what you mean, I tried to start one like this...but yours was more catchy.

I'm glad i could feed off of someone feeling the same way...

Also, Im relatively new to these boards, so I just imagined you guys had this convo a thousand times already, so I just left it alone.

But I just hope Ian really addresses this

Foreal

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »