Home

Next Blog and what game sites/mags should be asking

This is a discussion on Next Blog and what game sites/mags should be asking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Next Blog and what game sites/mags should be asking

I'm hoping we actually get to this point. I'd love to have football answers to football questions.

It would be nice to hear some ideas behind where and when PRO-TAK makes it's biggest impact. My guess is short-yardage situations will now be changed for the better. Hopefully inside runs where you blitz properly will get killed if the manpower is there, in comparison to the branching system where the RB will fall forward for 2 even with 6 defenders around him because of the animation limitations.

Valdarez made some great comments about reading the DB's. I really hope they really do put in some momentum. Slowing the game down and keeping the controls super tight wouldn't be wise in my opinion. You'd be able to do things humans just can't do, such as sprint one way then instantly turn and sprint the other way with little to no speed loss.

I hope setting your feet is just as prominent as it is in APF. The last thing I want with the rumble feature is some kid feeling the pressure, randomly running around and just hitting a random button (like previous versions) and finding success.

I want ball strip animations involved because it is a very real part of football that happens on almost a 1 time per game basis.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:35 AM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I can remember the first month Ap2k8 dropped there was alot of screaming on over powered backs, the blitz aint right, Qb's cant throw on the run.

Alot of it was called glitches/bugs whatever. As we learned by trial and error the more you found it was a misunderstanding on how things worked. Some things were a bit weird and there are some quirks but for the most part the more you played the more you understood what the intent was behind why things worked the way they did.

2K should have had a dev like they did with basketball, drop in and explain some things. This would have made the initial launch better as people whould have had an idea of how to work their squads better. Another adjustment we had to make is this was the first game IMO where the player abilities REALLY mattered to the point you needed to be careful who you chose to be on your team if you wanted to accomplish a certain style offense or defense. So that was another learning curve.

We have a DEV in Madden on this forum and It behooves me why more threads are not being discussed on the strategy behind the features being implemented. It will help the devs ALOT when the game drops to have users that understand the tech when they are playing it then have us going WTF ? Why did my Safety just let the WR get behind him in my cover 2 zone ? Why are my line men letting the MLB shoot the A gap untouched and what can I do to counter it, etc etc
I like this idea a lot and feel the information would be beneficial to a lot of people. I just think it might be a bit premature as it's crunch time at EA. The game will probably go gold around the last week of June. Ian mentioned his time on the forums will be less and less as was previously.

Once the game goes gold, I would love to have that dialogue.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #11
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
How old are you honestly
lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

To me the blogs are good and informative, but their isn't anything dynamic about it. I hate to bring this up, but when 2K did football fridays, they made it an event, it was dynamic featured filled and exciting. The blogs are so A,B,C and bland, don't get me wrong, I'm not hating just comparing and contrasting. Pro Tak should have been and event with in game action, just think about Right stick jukes, when 2k introduced it. The feature video came with and in game action and L. Tomilson how to. Think about QB evade, franchise with berman and mel kiper, football fridays were a something to look forward to, the blogs are just a blog.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
To me the blogs are good and informative, but their isn't anything dynamic about it. I hate to bring this up, but when 2K did football fridays, they made it an event, it was dynamic featured filled and exciting. The blogs are so A,B,C and bland, don't get me wrong, I'm not hating just comparing and contrasting. Pro Tak should have been and event with in game action, just think about Right stick jukes, when 2k introduced it. The feature video came with and in game action and L. Tomilson how to. Think about QB evade, franchise with berman and mel kiper, football fridays were a something to look forward to, the blogs are just a blog.
I see your point, but somewhat disagree.

Monday is the most anticipated day on these forums. There are two or three threads wondering why the thread isn't up.

I really don't think it's "just" a blog , either. There have been vids released and still pictures. I'm sure once we get further down the road, the information will become more than just blogs.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I see your point, but somewhat disagree.

Monday is the most anticipated day on these forums. There are two or three threads wondering why the thread isn't up.

I really don't think it's "just" a blog , either. There have been vids released and still pictures. I'm sure once we get further down the road, the information will become more than just blogs.
Ill agree with both of you.

2K did a good job on exhibiting their features. EA is attempting the same thing but they keep showing us unfinished, rev X, Its in progress stuff, so its kinda awkward. I can appreciate them wanting to show off what they are trying to do but how can anyone get upset over the reactions to watching half working functions ? Disclaimed or not, people can only call it like they see it and ask questions.

Which is why I posted this thread, to help that along. They may cant show the end result but at least tell us the thinking behind it and how it directly impacts the game play on the field.

Ok you have Pro-tak, you have shown off a little the interaction between the players. When they are lined up and the plays are called, how will formations and line calls by the oline and the dline counter each other ? Wth Pro-tak engagment at the line, what moves can I use as a dlinemen to free me from engagement ? How will stunts affect the Oline ? Are there user callable stunts for either side of the dline ?

If none of the above is included or can be talked about then tell us what is yalls vision for dline oline interaction. What oline/dline strategys are you attempting to have play out in this game ? How are you gonna give users the ability to control that aspect of the game ?
Old 05-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Ok, underestood.

I'm not sure where you are going in the second paragraph. Are you saying people in general or myself over-react when someone questions a screen shot or a mini video? I don't recall saying that in this thread???

As far as Pro-Tak, I'm waiting to see more game play video before I make any preliminary conclusions regarding OL/DL interaction. I know LBz has some good material on this information during the 10 wish list time frame. He would take videos from 2k8 and 2k5 and compare them with Madden. I'm sure his attendance at CD was well represented in those areas.

Maybe if LBz reads this thread, he can chime in and respond, but I'm not sure how much more he can reveal than already was put out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ok, underestood.

I'm not sure where you are going in the second paragraph. Are you saying people in general or myself over-react when someone questions a screen shot or a mini video? I don't recall saying that in this thread???
Not directed at you, some people in general. I am still bent a little on some of the comments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »