Home

Madden Criticism - Explanation

This is a discussion on Madden Criticism - Explanation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2009, 04:10 AM   #33
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden Criticism - Explanation

2001 was too good for it's own good. After that came out, there was really no quantum leap to be made on the ps2/xbox console set. They added plenty of worthwhile features though. I really thought that player roles were going to make franchise supremely amazing, and I still think they could. I still remember playing the demo of 2001 in a Media Play. I could not believe it. I went out and spent everything I had saved on a ps2, solely for that game. It just blew me away.

I sold 09 for my 360. I still play 08 on the blackbox. I have a franchise in it's 16th season, with a head coach that was a drafted player from the first offseason of the franchise. I just couldn't get myself to sink that far into the bare bones franchise that NG has been so far.

I wish 06 on 360 had been what 01 on ps2 was. It could have been, I think, had we had then the team that is in place now.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:18 AM   #34
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight85
2001 was too good for it's own good. After that came out, there was really no quantum leap to be made on the ps2/xbox console set. They added plenty of worthwhile features though. I really thought that player roles were going to make franchise supremely amazing, and I still think they could. I still remember playing the demo of 2001 in a Media Play. I could not believe it. I went out and spent everything I had saved on a ps2, solely for that game. It just blew me away.

I sold 09 for my 360. I still play 08 on the blackbox. I have a franchise in it's 16th season, with a head coach that was a drafted player from the first offseason of the franchise. I just couldn't get myself to sink that far into the bare bones franchise that NG has been so far.

I wish 06 on 360 had been what 01 on ps2 was. It could have been, I think, had we had then the team that is in place now.
+1. This. Agreed 100%. w2g! QFT. etc.!
Old 05-07-2009, 04:24 AM   #35
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight85

Ya the franchise part of the next Gen console was lacking. I loved 07 ps2 the best. Because it had owner mode and it was good. But hopefully Ian and his crew will make franchise decent this year. Because I think next year they are going to spend more time focusing on franchise mode part of it. But Ian is still doing a great job along with the rest of the crew.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 04:27 AM   #36
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Ya the franchise part of the next Gen console was lacking. I loved 07 ps2 the best. Because it had owner mode and it was good. But hopefully Ian and his crew will make franchise decent this year. Because I think next year they are going to spend more time focusing on franchise mode part of it. But Ian is still doing a great job along with the rest of the crew.
Actually, 08 was a typo. It's 07 that I play. By 08 I had started buying the next gen games and didn't want to buy 2. 07 on 360 was just so bad for franchise that I had to.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:09 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Heres a good explanation for the criticism. When you put out something that sucks, people are going to crap on it. Period.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:22 AM   #38
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by arhymemaster
Heres a good explanation for the criticism. When you put out something that sucks, people are going to crap on it. Period.

Ignored.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:53 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

All of you done gone nuts. Madden 09 is the the ****! Just a little to fast/twitchy.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:58 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 21

1. Chris Collingsworth commentary was a upgrade
2. Rewind feature is actually useful, but should be a practice mode feature not a multplayer game feature.
3. Weapons was a good concept but it didnt work because so few players are noticably distinguishable from one another.
4. Graphics textures seem to improve a little but nothing else with it. The animations dont improve they just change a few and tag it a new feature and the players are still too small.

We could go on but thats not the point. Your response still shows you dont understand the problem fully.

Your problem aint lack of trying or bringing something to the table. Its what you bring 90% of the time is not working as advertised or poorly implemented.

When people say that its not to stick a knife in your heart and make you cry. We are saying dog, fix this. I know some are very disrespectful when saying it and some sarcastic(I know I have been sarcastic at times) but its because we are tired man. We are tired of having to say it and you are tired of hearing it.

The maddness aint gonna stop till you drop a game on us thats like Dragon Fly Lee that says "SIIIIIILEEENCCCEEE !"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrw_zRBWeZA

If your game is as good as the hype you aint gonna have to worry about critques too much no more. Don't get bent by the negative comments, SIIIIIILEENCCEEE them mother lovers. Shut them up with a great game.

Its good you got a bug up your tail because you gonna need the motivation.

Heres some more motivation and dont get bent, get even:

There are these guys that made a game called 2K8 that are probably laughing there tails off in their DOJO of FOOTBALL GREATNESS because they got people still tripping off stuff they did 5 years ago and the guys that are suppose to be the 2nd coming have not figured it out yet ?!?!

Last edited by TombSong; 05-07-2009 at 10:02 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »