Home

Why do Madden devs think they're doing us a favor by listening to our feedback?

This is a discussion on Why do Madden devs think they're doing us a favor by listening to our feedback? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #49

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Why do Madden devs think they're doing us a favor by listening to our feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlyrzNumber1
How is that attacking them on a personal level? It's a legitimate question. I'm not calling them dirtbags .. or stupid ... i'm asking a legitimate question.

Why do the devs carry the personality that they're doing us (the community) a favor by participating and listening to our feedback?

It's common practice to communicate WITH and obtain feedback from customers ... and it's extremely profitable to the company that has the business savvy to open the lines of communication and have a product with such passionate and engaged consumers such as us.
You are assuming they think they are doing us a favor, and then questioning your assumption which serves absolutely no purpose.

Quote:
I wish the Madden Team were a little more appreciative of how we (the community) have bent over backwards, put all history aside, and have pretty much let them run this site since they've showed up ... but it seems their attitude is "we'll leave if you don't play by our rules" ... and everybody just takes it. ANd if you question it .. you get the kind've responses i've gotten here.
WOW! Really?? Bent over backwards for them?? Please explain how anyone has gone to extreme measures to help them?

And don't say, "Oh we are on here on our free time trying to make the game better!!"
Old 05-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Why do Madden devs think they're doing us a favor by listening to our feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You are assuming they think they are doing us a favor, and then questioning your assumption which serves absolutely no purpose.

WOW! Really?? Bent over backwards for them?? Please explain how anyone has gone to extreme measures to help them?

And don't say, "Oh we are on here on our free time trying to make the game better!!"
It isn't an assumption. I've heard/seen/read comments from them personally that give off the impression that they're doing us a favor by being here and they will leave, not come here, not incorporate our feedback if we dont play by their rules.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:46 AM   #51
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
How is that attacking them on a personal level? It's a legitimate question. I'm not calling them dirtbags .. or stupid ... i'm asking a legitimate question.

Why do the devs carry the personality that they're doing us (the community) a favor by participating and listening to our feedback?

It's common practice to communicate WITH and obtain feedback from customers ... and it's extremely profitable to the company that has the business savvy to open the lines of communication and have a product with such passionate and engaged consumers such as us.

I wish the Madden Team were a little more appreciative of how we (the community) have bent over backwards, put all history aside, and have pretty much let them run this site since they've showed up ... but it seems their attitude is "we'll leave if you don't play by our rules" ... and everybody just takes it. ANd if you question it .. you get the kind've responses i've gotten here.
They are in a way doing us a favor by talking to us on such a close basis. The EA PR team doesn't like that and therefore, (like I said before) it is a favor in a way.

The devs aren't the ones saying "we'll leave if you don't play by our rules". If anything, it's the posters here on OS since they do not want any chances of the devs to stop talking to us like they have.

I'm pretty sure that the devs plainly seen the benefits in talking to the people here in OS and that they will not leave due to the way a few people here act.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

You must not value your free time very much. Because that's exactly what people are doing.

Also, we've even just accepted that critical comments can't be made here. This forum has turned into Madden Love Forum .. because that's all that goes on in here. Any other board has critical comments about the game, the competence level of people making the game, and everything else in between. But god forbid you say something bad about Madden in the Madden Love Forum these days.

I've seen threads get shut down that talked about EA Sports lack of Quality Assurance (articles published in mainstream papers), and downward trending Madden sales figures.

Last edited by PlyrzNumber1; 05-07-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #53
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
You must not value your free time very much. Because that's exactly what people are doing.

Also, we've even just accepted that critical comments can't be made here. This forum has turned into Madden Love Forum .. because that's all that goes on in here. Any other board has critical comments about the game, the competence level of people making the game, and everything else in between. But god forbid you say something bad about Madden in the Madden Love Forum these days.
lol... there's a difference between bashing and saying critical comments.

Again, the people they got to test Madden 10 posted a bunch of critical feedback.

Really, there's TONS of critical feedback here.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:55 AM   #54
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

at first it was a legitamate discussionn now its just a stupid argument between people who are hopeful and a guy thats wants a challenge.

calling my post drivel i wont even respond to that one hahahaha

none of this here is personal, you had a point earlier but now you lost your way....... stop and re-read what you are writing and keep it on topic and stop the useless fighting.

oh i must add some of you are sheep and some of us get a kick out of starting riots
Old 05-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #55
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
at first it was a legitamate discussionn now its just a stupid argument between people who are hopeful and a guy thats wants a challenge.

calling my post drivel i wont even respond to that one hahahaha

none of this here is personal, you had a point earlier but now you lost your way....... stop and re-read what you are writing and keep it on topic and stop the useless fighting.
It's not that we are hopeful... it's just that we see what the devs have been doing to improve the game. There's a difference between being hopeful and seeing things first hand.

Quote:
oh i must add some of you are sheep and some of us get a kick out of starting riots
lol... so you make a statement like that after you said the things you did in the same exact post. Talk about hypocritical...
Old 05-07-2009, 09:08 AM   #56
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

lol hahahhhhhhhahahaha does anything get by you bgamer lol

its never personal fellas just a theory
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »