Home

Player Momentum after contact!!!

This is a discussion on Player Momentum after contact!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #9
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Player Momentum after contact!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeCapone
It takes the fun out of playing online especially when your trying to make a comeback and establish a run game of some sort.

Another thang that kills me is that in my teams PB (49ers) we have the flea flicker, but what screws this from ever happening the way it should is, that the defense is phsycic. If you ever noticed that when your opponent is in zone defense and you run the ball that they dont react as if they are covering a zone for the pass instead they attack the run from the get go. But when you run a trick play like the flea flicker and you hand the ball off to the RB the defense is still playing zone as if its an HB option pass or the HB is the QB period.

That right there urks the hell out of me when they commit to the run when its is a run but trick plays dont get hardly any love at all in regards to the defense biting on the play even if you do have a decent run game going.
I THINK that these problems have already been addressed for Madden 10.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #10
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Player Momentum after contact!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeCapone
I am pretty sure this has been felt by everyone here.

Have you ever got tired of being caught from behind whether its a run or a pass play by someone you just ran by that was locked up in an arm wrestling match with you linmen or whoever was blocking that defender? Yea, very irritating isnt it.

I would like to know what if anything is going to be done about this and how can we as a community solve this problem. I will post vids when I get home of actual games where once you get past the LOS and someone is being blocked that they cant magically appear in front of you and hitstick you.

I have been tackled numerous times by people whos players never even planted there feet (foot) when making cuts or turns to come and make a TD saving play. This also happens alot on KR and PRs when you run past at FULL SPRINT that the guy being blocked breaks off at matching speed as the KR.

I know EA slowed the game down but most of the time its just plain out sick how these DEs just make these tackle for losses coming off a clear block and make the tackle on someone running full speed to the outside or off tackle. Just frustrating to see stuff like that happen.

Another thing that bugs the hell out of me is the defensive mismatches that occur when your opponent audible form a quarte defense to a 4-3 and one of the defensive linemen is a freaking DB and he plays just as good as the linemen that should have been there.
This is very annoying, in real life this would be a huge mismatch, but like you stated, in the game, they play just as good as a lineman would, and it goes the other way around, i've had linemen & linebackers being audibled and guarding my receivers one on one man to man, and no mismatch is created. the d-lineman plays my receiver like he's a DB, its ridiculous, this should be a huge mismatch that i should capatolize on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »