Home

Rocket Catch Continuation

This is a discussion on Rocket Catch Continuation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Rocket Catch Continuation

Continue the discussion here since it was shut down for getting off topic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Rocket Catch Continuation

There's really not much more to discuss... the RC '09 as we know it will not be in M10... so this discussion should probably only start back up again after M10 ships, if another RC is discovered.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Yeah, I agree with Capn. . .I didn't mean to get the thread closed. . .I was just joking with a crazy analogy. . .what I was really saying was. . .it's not about the instrument, it's the person who wields the instrument. . .that's all.

P.S. I would look pretty stupid trying to stab someone with a gun.

LMAO!!!!

My apologies to your Mom.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

The rocket pass is going to be in madden 10 it looks like. But oh well it's not going to bother me.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #5
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Having been able to sit down and read that thread I wanted to comment about a misconception of the TPs vs "sim" players. What I "hate" on TP is their attitude. When I play against someone playing TP style and mouthing off online or offline about how it is realistic because Fitz can do it that that makes it okay for the worst receiver in the game to do it as well and as often [see Blazin4QB's video].

Just in the thread that was closed, I read:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.operationsports.com/forums/xDJ%2077x/
xDJ 77x[/url]"]I am a tourney player not the greatest yet but I know plenty passing concepts to get the ball down the field. The Rocket Catch isn't our fault we do whatever gets the ball down the field quickest. And the FB Dive is the most effective running play so why not run it. Quit crying and get some D.
The bold is what really upsets me. When I play against ignorant "ballers" who have the attitude that what they do is "true" and that if you "can't stop 3 plays 'den you suck yo!" The mentality of these players that it is a good thing to go 7 or 24 passing with 3 TDs because they just put up 21 points that you now have to respond to. Who cares that you stopped that garbage 17 times?

You didn't stop it those 3 TDs worth of time, so you are a bum? These palyers who break the rules of NFL football and say "it's a video game, not NFL. It's not against the rules in Madden, so itz kay."

A story I tell over and over again is Madden 08 on next gen and Madden 09 on next gen. The entire time I played 08 online I got a lot of games where players called the quarters D with the MLB blitzing, press coverage, press the MBL, pinch the D-line then crash the D-Line. This way the 3 defensive linemen and the MLB are up over the two guards and the center. Simple math and logic tells you that 4 blitzers against 3 linemen that someone is getting through untouched right away. In Madden 08 that worked because the O-line was stupid and wouldn't adapt and there were not options to get them to protect. The counter? Move a WR in motion oand be in shot gun all game.

In Madden 09 we saw slide protect return and now when players who last year were saying their exploit is sim and I am a bum because I can't stop it are getting shut down because you can pinch the line and now all 5 linemen are blocking 4 rushers and no one is getting through right away, I have time to throw and I burn them. Something that once was "sim" and I was a bum because I 'couldn't stop it" wasn't used after the game was out for a few weeks and cheesers saw it wasn't working anymore. Funny how that works huh? If it was sim, you'd make it part of your game plan regardless of slide protect wouldn't you?

Further more, this is another example of these TPs not "having any game" is when; their cheese doesn't work, when you shut down their terrible D and sack their scrambling QB and user pick their "make it rian" catches, they quit.

I don't blame TPs for wanting to win when money is involved. This is why I don't go to these things. I respect the game of football and don't look at Madden as a tool for making money.

When you quit a game against a cheeser and they send you a message saying "you're a bum because you can't stop my stick skillz! lololol" but when you do stop them and they quit they say "you're a bum, I'd have put 40 points on you..."

I respect Blazin4QB but he admits first hand he is not a sim player. He torched me. However as we played he was open minded about what sim play was and he began to understand what "sim" players want. We want stratagy to mean something more than "stick skillz." We want scheme to mean more than an exploit.

If you throw a RC to Larry Fitz, more power to you if you catch it. If you throw it up to Jason Witten, it shouldn't work. However, in Madden it does. Back to Blazin4QB's 2ed video I posted above, even the worst receiver in the game can RC.

If momentum is fixed, ratings matter, and defenders play realistically, the RC shouldn't be an exploit, just another play type. One big problem when every receiver can do the RC is that you can't manually defend the "good" receivers to try and stop the RC, you have to be aware that any one can do it and get it. Covering Randy Moss? okay, Wess Welker or the Ben Watson will RC instead. Wess can't RC and Ben can't make plays like Randy can.

Thanks for reading [if you did.]

Last edited by PGaither84; 05-09-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »