Home

This Forum Has Changed, I Blame It On The Attention Gained...

This is a discussion on This Forum Has Changed, I Blame It On The Attention Gained... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #17
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: This Forum Has Changed, I Blame It On The Attention Gained...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Adamantanium?? What are you trying to get at here?

Adamantine was in Runescape. 'adamant' is the adjective your looking for? Or the noun.
Someone isn't a big comic book fan, but that's O.K. its not everyone's cup of tea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamantium

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25

Agree 100%. I have liked 98% of what i have heard thus far from Ian and Co. They are focused on making this "THEE" year for Madden.

I am actually very optimistic sa far.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 42

I'm real new here and I was primarly drawn in by the level of smarts shown on the Head Coach board but have found it overall to be the most level headed set of forums I've been too.

I don't fault the passion of youth. It's wild and lacks a type of grace but at it's core it's why we post about our favorites.

Luckily, Madden isn't the game I feel that way about so I can have more distance from this forum.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #20
stewaat

OVR:

The problem is that people don't even look around before posting. We have all these "Look here before posting" threads and they are completely ignored by lazy posters. It makes the board look bad and clutters everything.

It has gone downhill with the increased traffic here, and yea it's probably younger users. OS was a "veteran" group of people before and now you get all these 15-18 year olds who clutter the boards with garbage.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

So you're complaining that there are too many people here now? That is a good thing. Like with most good things there comes the bad. You deal with it. Move on, use your ignore button. If you feel like the important threads are not getting attention then bring them to light, instead of posting a new thread about how theres already to much clutter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

About 2 to 3 weeks ago, this was by far the best forum I'd ever been a part of. Everyday there was fresh, new, and meaningful discussion about important topics (not that there wasn't some fun in there). But now I can barely bring myself to check here, since it's deja vu. The same topics day after day (at least 10 running animation threads, another 10 on protak, and so on), most of which devolve into a flame the developer, or talk about 2K or Backbreaker, and almost all of which are shortly locked. It's too bad really, but I think things'll get back to normal eventually.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #23
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

There are a pretty much 4 categories of people on this forum now...

The majority are the Sold. People who've seen enough to believe the game is going to be outstanding and take major strides toward what we want in a football game. Those people, for the most part, are going to forgive the little things that wont make it this time around in hopes that in the long run, the Madden series has turned the corner and we're gonna see nothing but outstanding simulation football from here out.

The second largest group are the cautious. They like EA's direction but can't help but look at the past 5 iterations and wonder how anyone could possibly fix it in one year. They generally comment on new additions positively, but point out little things that might be cause for worry. Very much the "trust but verify" crowd.

The third group are what we refer too as "the Haters". They are here primarily to vent, and nothing EA does will please them. They get themselves banned with regularity because they can't say anything constructive, only attack.

And the final group, which while not a large group, are very visible. They could be in Group 2, but are more pessimistic. Some mistake them for haters, and sometimes they do cross the line into that category, but most of them are level headed and fair... but they expect a lot and are blunt about their criticism. They tend to not believe Madden 10 will be what we hope it is, but rather than being a blatant hate like the third group, it's more of a self-defense mechanism so they wont be in for a big let down on August 14th.

That's my analysis. Which group are you? :P

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 05-09-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #24
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
You are being too kind, i was thinking more along the lines of everyday, simply because the given topic isn't on the first page.
I agree. I think most members just view the 1st page , and if they don't see what they want to discuss they create a post. Sometimes its on something that was already addressed, but since this forum has grown so fast since Ian has decided to involve us. Topics that started early that day can sometimes be pushed so far back.

I don't think its anyones fault. This forum is rocking now and very active,so this is kind of expected.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »