Home

Madden 2010 scares me?

This is a discussion on Madden 2010 scares me? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 12:01 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 2010 scares me?

I look at it this way. Every year madden impresses me. And every year they improve it, so this year being no different, i think madden will impress a lot of people this year.

Ian has done a good job listening to the forums and implementing them into the game.

This year we have more upgrades than any other year before.

so don't be scared............................................ .................
Old 05-13-2009, 12:01 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Anyone expecting a 180 turnaround in one year is going to be sorely disappointed, IMO. But there are two things that have me so hopeful for this years version, and excited for a football game for the first time since 2k5:

1) The interaction that exists between Ian and co. and the community this year. (We've have posted things that need fixing in screens or vids and they turn around and post corrections the very next day. Big Ben's player model comes to mind. How cool is that?)

2) All the positives from the Community Day Event and the excitement that was evident from all of the participants. Their impressions alone are enough for me to KNOW I will at the very least enjoy this years Madden, and I think that is a realistic expectation.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:23 AM   #19
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

I think this year all about setting up a great foundation to build on.

The team is adding so much new tech to Madden, it isn't realistic to expect them to add everything single thing which is important to a football sim. Given all of the change, I don't anticipate the game being exploit-free, or having a perfectly balanced offense/defense interaction.

It's apparent that Ian is bringing a new vision to what Madden can be. Through interaction with the community he is slowing steering and righting the Madden ship. Once we are pointed in the right direction, the game will hopefully be polished and fine-tuned in the coming years.

And so I hope the community interaction continues. And I hope Ian and his team will be committed to pushing the gameplay further and further. I hope we can tackle more in-depth X's and O's types of issues and really add to the depth and balance between offense and defense. I'm thinking of issues like tiered defensive play-calling, defensive line gap control, online custom playbooks, match-up and inverted zone defenses, and all of the little football technique things that help to round out the simulation.

But I look at this year as the tough one, the year where the Madden 'engine' had to be re-envisioned.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:47 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog691
Video games are the only industry that gets away with this and it needs to stop!
That's definitely not true.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #21
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
I think this year all about setting up a great foundation to build on.

The team is adding so much new tech to Madden, it isn't realistic to expect them to add everything single thing which is important to a football sim. Given all of the change, I don't anticipate the game being exploit-free, or having a perfectly balanced offense/defense interaction.

It's apparent that Ian is bringing a new vision to what Madden can be. Through interaction with the community he is slowing steering and righting the Madden ship. Once we are pointed in the right direction, the game will hopefully be polished and fine-tuned in the coming years.

And so I hope the community interaction continues. And I hope Ian and his team will be committed to pushing the gameplay further and further. I hope we can tackle more in-depth X's and O's types of issues and really add to the depth and balance between offense and defense. I'm thinking of issues like tiered defensive play-calling, defensive line gap control, online custom playbooks, match-up and inverted zone defenses, and all of the little football technique things that help to round out the simulation.

But I look at this year as the tough one, the year where the Madden 'engine' had to be re-envisioned.
Excellent post Deltron. Well said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 01:07 AM   #22
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

For the fact that many people will still complain about every little thing in the wrold. But me so long as the bug and glitches in franchise mode is fixed and stuff like that then I am happy. You can't make everyone happy. Ian his trying his hardest to make everyone happy. But fact is it ain't going t happen. But again adden 10 will have a lot of the gliches fixed for the most part. So no big worries. I trust Ian.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:18 AM   #23
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
What exactly are these things that aren't being added that you consider "too many"?
True momentum, physics, instant direction changes (said it's fixed, but all video still shows it broken), real sidelines, route based passing (no word right now), fixed run blocking, DLine calls, OLine calls, better defensive controls (pre-snap), banter between commentators, ability to play a DB, no more repetitive commentary (randomness, plus unique commentary markers) and the big one, animations/rendering (getting rid of the herky jerky movements), that's just off the top of my head.

Some of the items listed above are pretty big. There's no way they are getting all of the stuff I listed above in this revision of Madden.

Like I said, the game is headed in the right direction, but I don't think it can make it in one year. There were too many past sins to pay for with Madden, and a one year development cycle wasn't enough time to pay them.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:41 AM   #24
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

A few of you have already pointed out the fact that you can't expect this year's Madden to be the greatest game ever created. I think it will be a great game but because they took over a broken game, it will take more than a year to turn Madden back into the greatest franchise in video games.

This team is heading in the right direction and the franchise should get better year after year. Also they haven't even released every bit of detail yet so how in the world can you already be worried. It is only May and the game doesn't come out for another 3 months. For all we know they may keep the big stuff from us until just before the demo is released.

The only way this game will be a disappointment is if you set an unrealistic expectation for this game. It will be much better than 09 so that is always a plus.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »