Home

Smart QB - Very Important Request!(Awareness in General)

This is a discussion on Smart QB - Very Important Request!(Awareness in General) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Level Of Importance to Gameplay? 1 - 10 Scale
0 - 2 0 0%
3 - 4 0 0%
5 - 6 0 0%
7 - 8 0 0%
8 - 9 3 30.00%
10 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Smart QB - Very Important Request!(Awareness in General)

After playing Madden 09 for a while and eventually moving to 2k5...I exposed the "most meaningless rating in a football game to date"(Yea I said it), which is very ironic..seeing that it should be the most important rating in a football game.

The smart QB/Awareness rating(Madden 09) and the Pass read coverage rating(espn nfl 2k5) as of now..are just numbers. And for 2k5 its actually worst because your quarterback and can have 100 in pass read coverage and still throw 4 interceptions!?? but having 99 in madden and still throwing 4 interceptions is not at all better.

90+ ratings in the awareness category should be the stingiest across the board...As for 99..well unless you create a player or find an amazing player in the draft..Nobody should have that..please just stop tossing this rating around..99 means god..and nobody is god...with one exception...

Speaking of Nnamdi Asomugha...Even the dumbest Qb's are aware of him...Thats why nobody throws the ball in his direction..Can we display this type of intelligience in the game?

Back to 90+ awareness Qbs(those with passing skills)..there are only 3 scenarios where they should make bad passes with a rare simply bad pass depending on if they have 90 awareness or if they have 99.

1. Pressure from the defensive line/ Creative blitzs(Jim Johnson).
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfVjKRwYVQA
3. If he throws a no look pass.

Please also make better qbs use there time in the pocket(Now that madden 10 has one)...what was with the qb immediately throwing off of his back leg in madden for no reason?

In franchise I put the majority of my money in the offensive line..obviously it helps when I play the game..but if I watch my qb in a cpu game..its like wow...your fired. In 2k5 they drop back...but its no better because the "smart" qb will still throw a quick pass into like 4 people..And i meant that....4 PEOPLE! (I was just playing 2k)

A few more quick hits for smart qbs

* They need to make the correct passes in the correct situations..please make him take advantage of the 5 steps his receiver has on the db.

* Scrambling when necessary..Tom Brady is no vick..but if he has to run...he runs.

* Making the best of average receivers..If your team doesnt have good receivers in madden or 2k..the qb skills dont even matter...and it should be just the opposite.

Simply put..if your going against a team with ...

A great passing qb + great awareness + a great offensive + great receivers - the bull$h*t = smashing your controller + trading your defensive lineman + firing your head coach + trying to trade the house for that teams QB.

Unlike apexisbronx...I cant use 2k as a reference..So maybe Madden 10 can actually be that reference? I dont know..but this would stand right next to pro tak as for as impact to gameplay goes in my opinion..

Just do the best you can do ian and company..I tried to rush this in because I realized the game is only 3 months away..its my fault for waiting so long..hopefully somebody discussed it already though.

p.s. I only took the time to right this because lately Madden just been adding in things that people have been requesting out of nowhere(colored shoes) so I just decided to take a shot...Thanks for listening...

Old 05-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Smart QB - Very Important Request!(Awareness in General)

i always thought that pass read coverage measured how quickly the QB will react to different coverages and blitzes, but they all pretty much play the same.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 5
i always thought that pass read coverage measured how quickly the QB will react to different coverages and blitzes, but they all pretty much play the same.
My point is exactly..Im pretty sure madden 10 will be better though..I just wonder if if they can go the extra mile.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
After playing Madden 09 for a while and eventually moving to 2k5...I exposed the "most meaningless rating in a football game to date"(Yea I said it), which is very ironic..seeing that it should be the most important rating in a football game.

The smart QB/Awareness rating(Madden 09) and the Pass read coverage rating(espn nfl 2k5) as of now..are just numbers. And for 2k5 its actually worst because your quarterback and can have 100 in pass read coverage and still throw 4 interceptions!?? but having 99 in madden and still throwing 4 interceptions is not at all better.

90+ ratings in the awareness category should be the stingiest across the board...As for 99..well unless you create a player or find an amazing player in the draft..Nobody should have that..please just stop tossing this rating around..99 means god..and nobody is god...with one exception...

Speaking of Nnamdi Asomugha...Even the dumbest Qb's are aware of him...Thats why nobody throws the ball in his direction..Can we display this type of intelligience in the game?

Back to 90+ awareness Qbs(those with passing skills)..there are only 3 scenarios where they should make bad passes with a rare simply bad pass depending on if they have 90 awareness or if they have 99.

1. Pressure from the defensive line/ Creative blitzs(Jim Johnson).
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfVjKRwYVQA
3. If he throws a no look pass.

Please also make better qbs use there time in the pocket(Now that madden 10 has one)...what was with the qb immediately throwing off of his back leg in madden for no reason?

In franchise I put the majority of my money in the offensive line..obviously it helps when I play the game..but if I watch my qb in a cpu game..its like wow...your fired. In 2k5 they drop back...but its no better because the "smart" qb will still throw a quick pass into like 4 people..And i meant that....4 PEOPLE! (I was just playing 2k)

A few more quick hits for smart qbs

* They need to make the correct passes in the correct situations..please make him take advantage of the 5 steps his receiver has on the db.

* Scrambling when necessary..Tom Brady is no vick..but if he has to run...he runs.

* Making the best of average receivers..If your team doesnt have good receivers in madden or 2k..the qb skills dont even matter...and it should be just the opposite.

Simply put..if your going against a team with ...

A great passing qb + great awareness + a great offensive + great receivers - the bull$h*t = smashing your controller + trading your defensive lineman + firing your head coach + trying to trade the house for that teams QB.

Unlike apexisbronx...I cant use 2k as a reference..So maybe Madden 10 can actually be that reference? I dont know..but this would stand right next to pro tak as for as impact to gameplay goes in my opinion..

Just do the best you can do ian and company..I tried to rush this in because I realized the game is only 3 months away..its my fault for waiting so long..hopefully somebody discussed it already though.

p.s. I only took the time to right this because lately Madden just been adding in things that people have been requesting out of nowhere(colored shoes) so I just decided to take a shot...Thanks for listening...

Hey I don't know what 2K you were referring to I assumed 2K5, but those qb's are not good.
If your looking for good QB A.I., check out All Pro 2K8 the QB's play smart and it seems to be a good representation of there play in the league.

Also I was hoping for some sort of leadership bonus, a WR with the same ability plays different with Payton Manning than he does with David Carr.

I realize the passes are different, but players perform different with more expectations.
No need to over do it just a little boost.

Also great point!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

Level of importance of game play, 1,000,000,000%!
I could play with Wii graphics if I had the most realistic football experience ever. Online leagues, with stat tracking, and webpage support, & no cheese. Graphics are nice, but game play will always win out over graphics.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57

Please use the sticky thread at the top of this forum for all ratings discussion.

Link: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...illennium.html

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »