Home

Practice mode improvements, and franchise thoughts.

This is a discussion on Practice mode improvements, and franchise thoughts. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Practice mode improvements, and franchise thoughts.

You realize that to have hundreds more free agents for this to work? If each team signs 20 more players on top of the 53 on the roster...that's over 600 more FAs needed to fill those holes...you'd need more than that in the event of injuries/retirements, etc...so you'd need a FA pool of 750 players or so...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 05-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #10
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't know about that 20 player business. But an 8 player practice squad would work for me.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #11
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
You realize that to have hundreds more free agents for this to work? If each team signs 20 more players on top of the 53 on the roster...that's over 600 more FAs needed to fill those holes...you'd need more than that in the event of injuries/retirements, etc...so you'd need a FA pool of 750 players or so...
If they are randomly generated, I don't see why it would be so difficult to add more. But as another poster stated, even just having a practice squad would be an improvement.

Personally though, I think it would be good if they randomly generated more free agents and then if for space reasons they need to cut it down, just cut it down to size at the same time the teams cut down their rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 02:43 PM   #12
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by djKianoosh
I like the idea of being able to switch playbooks without going back out.

Here's another idea: playlists
think of your mp3 playlists, but for plays. this way, if there's a series of 10 or 15 plays I want to practice in a row, or random, I can just select the plays out of the playbook that "I" want to practice (not the awful random play mode that has been in practice mode for years now, since that doesn't cycle through all the formations).

same for the defense. say I want to practice a single play against a variety of defenses. I could select my offensive play, then select like 3 or 4 specific defenses that I want the CPU to select from to practice against.
GREAT idea, even when you pick random they tend to pick the same plays.

For some reason im not care for a practice squad to much if its in its in but to me its not that serious

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 05-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #13
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

I dont want them to be randomly generated. I dont want Joe Schmo on my practice squad.

But I dont think there would be any serious constraints on having 8 Practice players on each team.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I dont want them to be randomly generated. I dont want Joe Schmo on my practice squad.

But I dont think there would be any serious constraints on having 8 Practice players on each team.
especially with the roster updates.

and what would be best is if they are actually used in franchise mode for practicing against your upcoming opponent's tendencies, which is what these guys do in real life.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #15
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego

I meant randomly generated as opposed to the handcrafted draft classes. I don't expect them to make several hundred players for each draft class, so I'm saying they could use the random player generator to fill out the free agent pool and then you still pick who you sign as you otherwise would.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »