Home

so i was playing madden 06 today...

This is a discussion on so i was playing madden 06 today... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
so i was playing madden 06 today...

and it wasn't really that bad. i mean sure, presentation is almost nonexistant, franchise mode is as bare as it gets, theres few options for roster management, but the game plays better than 08 or 09. theres no robo skynet godlike qb, theres no supermen defensive backs, blocking isnt too bad. the game runs really good at 30 fps (i never knew it ran that until they announced madden 08 would run at 60), and its a really good looking game.

either something went horribly wrong in madden 08, or i'm just ******** and easily amused. i mean, for madden, its not a bad game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: so i was playing madden 06 today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 5
and it wasn't really that bad. i mean sure, presentation is almost nonexistant, franchise mode is as bare as it gets, theres few options for roster management, but the game plays better than 08 or 09. theres no robo skynet godlike qb, theres no supermen defensive backs, blocking isnt too bad. the game runs really good at 30 fps (i never knew it ran that until they announced madden 08 would run at 60), and its a really good looking game.

either something went horribly wrong in madden 08, or i'm just ******** and easily amused. i mean, for madden, its not a bad game
If you're talking about Madden 06 on next-gen, you're talking about a
game with barely any features. Visually, Madden 06 looked great, but it lacked many features.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #3
Banned

yeah, but as far as gameplay gos, i think its pretty good. i mean, things that should work usually do. the cowboys are blitzing me, amani toomer is in man to man against a young corner, i call a slant, throw it to toomer and he catches it. no BS defener instantly jumping the route and intercepting it or diving and knocking it down
Old 05-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 5
yeah, but as far as gameplay gos, i think its pretty good. i mean, things that should work usually do. the cowboys are blitzing me, amani toomer is in man to man against a young corner, i call a slant, throw it to toomer and he catches it. no BS defener instantly jumping the route and intercepting it or diving and knocking it down
Yea, Madden 06, game play wise was a lot better than what we have right now.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
Banned

Yep awesome game, visually and game play wise. Franchise is bare, but it's good and you can get fired.

I still crank it up once in awhile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
Banned

ive also noticed that the redskins helmet is perfect. i can' treally find any visual errors in the game, just a few colors being slightly off. th eplayers don't even seem tha tbig, its mostly the shoulderpads and sleeves, and the occasionall blob lineman
Old 05-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite_speed
Yep awesome game, visually and game play wise.
Madden NFL 2006?

Just watch the way EVERY player runs with an identical creepy motion and then try to enjoy any aspect of that game! I could not do it, but if you can then more power to you!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #8
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Yeah Madden 06 was a good Game...Hopefully 10' is Legendary!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »