Home

Pro Tak Tackling high/low

This is a discussion on Pro Tak Tackling high/low within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:10 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Pro Tak Tackling high/low

This would be sweet.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:22 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

The implementation in APF is really nice and would be a great addition to Madden's tackling system. If you've got Okoye in the open field with a DB, you can flick the right stick down and you get a great, context-sensitive animation. If you're at an angle, you'll slip down and behind for a wrap and drag tackle at the knees/ankles. If you're head up, you can go straight at the legs. It looks sweet, and actually works strategically. You have a better chance of making the tackle when you do that then going high or middle.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
The implementation in APF is really nice and would be a great addition to Madden's tackling system. If you've got Okoye in the open field with a DB, you can flick the right stick down and you get a great, context-sensitive animation. If you're at an angle, you'll slip down and behind for a wrap and drag tackle at the knees/ankles. If you're head up, you can go straight at the legs. It looks sweet, and actually works strategically. You have a better chance of making the tackle when you do that then going high or middle.
agreed. That's why low hitstick has been a bust to me. I loved the idea of hitting high or low with the hitstick, but it was implemented so that the low hits are just as vicious as the high ones.

the tech is definitely there for low hits, they just need to work in some wrap up animations and more textbook tackles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #12
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

I hate to post this but thats what this thread instantly made me think about. This was the only way Al Harris had a chance. I hope they give us the ability to do this however.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »