Home

Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #17
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: IGN.....Hands on

Sounds good, Finally a suitable Pregame show. Everything sounds pretty good...
Old 05-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #18
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The reviewer admitted he had a pre-alpha build and also mentioned at the end of the article that the Madden team will smooth it out as much as possible.

I think folks are missing the subtitle: Most realistic football ever seen from this series.
It's pre-beta...so it could very well be the build that Donny and Josh played on for their thread...it's nice to see "most realistic football ever..." but based on 09...that isn't hard. I now find myself distrustful of everything they have been saying...seems like typical EA style...it's weird that my faith in the game can be shaken by one preview but...them's the breaks.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 05-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
All the games faults from IGN seemed to be tuning issues, not really worried, but the presentation stuff is very nice to hear...I can only wonder what they plan on doing with the franchise presentation.

All in all good work so far
Yeah, they are all tuning issues. The thing about it though is that the new slower game speed made it very easy to pick apart zones in the CD build. That's why, while the game is slowed down, the Dline and blitzers must not be slowed down.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

This Quote:

''But honestly, I didn't feel it much in my demo with a pre-beta build. I was able to still hold back on the left stick and run away from my offensive line before flinging a pass thirty yards to a receiver. I never got sacked and rarely felt pressure from the outside like the new pocket design intends''

I know it is a work in progress, however this must not be in the game...
" Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can't talk. The man can't fight. The man needs to take talking lessons. The man needs to take fighting lessons. And since he's fighting me, he needs falling lessons."

Muhammad Ali...
Old 05-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

what level was the guy from IGN playing on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 3

"every quarterback throws the ball differently"

i find this hard to believe from ea.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
It's pre-beta...so it could very well be the build that Donny and Josh played on for their thread...it's nice to see "most realistic football ever..." but based on 09...that isn't hard. I now find myself distrustful of everything they have been saying...seems like typical EA style...it's weird that my faith in the game can be shaken by one preview but...them's the breaks.
Yeah, your right, I will change that, thanks for the heads up.

I just think it's premature at this stage to make any decision off of one preview.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:51 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 21

Disappointing to hear that the camera options are still completely broken at this stage. The stuff about the pocket did not sound very promising, either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »