Home

Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: IGN.....Hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
Okay...to somehow try to deflate my worries of the game...I'll post what I liked and didn't like from the preview...and maybe the devs can assuage me.

Liked
- Different styles for players...every QB has a different throwing style...nice to see this made it in.
- Presentation...missing for far too long...sounds impressive...have to wait and see.
- Most realistic football from the series...

Disliked
- Run 'n Chuck still there?
- Lack of pressure
- Pocket still isn't right
- Fumble is a "chore", not fun...but this is subjective, so I'll give the devs benefit of the doubt...

...let's hope it can be tuned properly...I don't think I can take another bad preview.
Well, first of all, I don't really see this as a bad preview. Sure he can have gameplay and camera feedback about an alpha build that's in progress, but all the rest of the rather glowing praise seemed to make me feel pretty good.

Regardless, his concerns are all valid, but again all things are still very much in progress. The entirety of the pocket stuff is still being worked on and tuned...the pocket and gang tackles are our big remaining items...making sure you can't scramble out, making sure you actually get pressure, etc. Just so everyone knows, Nate was also playing on Pro mode - a mode where we are very purposely making it easier to stay in the pocket. It's quite a culture shock to have defenders right in your face after 20 years of not worrying about it.

We all know the fumble pileup thing is going to be totally subjective within the community, and though it is extremely rare (played a full 10 min qtr game yesterday, had 3 fumbles, and didn't see it), you still have the option to turn it off.

Anyway, I am hoping that you can take more away from the article - the gameplay tuning items are very valid but they are also in progress.

Oh well, worry away.

Last edited by Ian_Cummings; 05-15-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #50
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Yes, you can customize the throwing motion for each QB.
That's awesome news!
Old 05-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

Oh well, worry away.

That part made me chuckle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
All valid concerns but all things still very much in progress. The entirety of the pocket stuff is still being worked on and tuned...the pocket and gang tackles are our big remaining items...making sure you can't scramble out, making sure you actually get pressure, etc. Just so everyone knows, Nate was also playing on Pro mode - a mode where we are very purposely making it easier to stay in the pocket. It's quite a culture shock to have defenders right in your face after 20 years of not worrying about it.

We all know the fumble pileup thing is going to be totally subjective within the community, and though it is extremely rare (played a full 10 min qtr game yesterday, had 3 fumbles, and didn't see it), you still have the option to turn it off.

Anyway, I am hoping that you can take more away from the article - the gameplay tuning items are very valid but they are also in progress.

Oh well, worry away.

Good to hear.

Cincy still open.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #53
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Regardless, his concerns are all valid, but again all things are still very much in progress. The entirety of the pocket stuff is still being worked on and tuned...the pocket and gang tackles are our big remaining items...making sure you can't scramble out, making sure you actually get pressure, etc. Just so everyone knows, Nate was also playing on Pro mode - a mode where we are very purposely making it easier to stay in the pocket. It's quite a culture shock to have defenders right in your face after 20 years of not worrying about it.
I knew it
Old 05-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #54
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

On Cd I went through and saw what all throwing motions they had in the game, I saw all the starters myself.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 05-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Yup. That's what he's saying. Why's that so hard to believe? I'm guessing you haven't noticed the constant unbelievable changes by Ian's team this year.
yeah but they're only human, they've only had a year to work on the game, and they're not Nnamdi Asomugha. when you're devoting yourself to fixing a fundamentally broken game, theres only so many little things you can add to the game. but if they do add everything that an article boasts, then damn good job
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 32

I know the EA team is working on tweaking and will await vids and a more complete build before passing my own judgment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »