Home

Post-Lawsuit, Old Teams Absent From Next Maddens

This is a discussion on Post-Lawsuit, Old Teams Absent From Next Maddens within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Post-Lawsuit, Old Teams Absent From Next Maddens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Really? In Franchise? How?
Not directly in franchise. You would release the player from the historical team, and sign them to a team in the regular mode (not franchise) and they would be on those teams when you started a Play Now game or a franchise.

Some people did this with Brett Favre (before the roster update), and then started a franchise. Except then Brett Favre would be 25 years old and rated very highly so it did not make for realism.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSubs
Not directly in franchise. You would release the player from the historical team, and sign them to a team in the regular mode (not franchise) and they would be on those teams when you started a Play Now game or a franchise.

Some people did this with Brett Favre (before the roster update), and then started a franchise. Except then Brett Favre would be 25 years old and rated very highly so it did not make for realism.
you actually can do it in franchise mode too. go to player management go to nfl greats and release a player into free agency
Old 05-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSubs

Not with me, in my year after TO retired, i released a Historical Receiver, signed him and traded him to Detroit for Charles Johnson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #12
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Trying to show me some love bro. LOL share the ball would you.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:42 PM   #13
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

You know this doesn't bother me too bad, not because I don't like playing with historic guys, but because I hope this will be the beginnings of a new title for EA.

I really would like them come out with a game that focused on historical roster completely, no current players, teams etc. I think there would be a pretty good market for this type of game. Old rosters with all the old players and teams. Set up some kind of leugue in the game where you take whatever team you want and try to win a championship against all the other classic great teams.

I think this would have a huge appeal to the online community as you could take your old school favorite teams and players up against others in online battles. Online leagues would be pretty easy to create as there is no progressions or off-season stuff to consider. Would be all over it to go along with Madden.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
You know this doesn't bother me too bad, not because I don't like playing with historic guys, but because I hope this will be the beginnings of a new title for EA.

I really would like them come out with a game that focused on historical roster completely, no current players, teams etc. I think there would be a pretty good market for this type of game. Old rosters with all the old players and teams. Set up some kind of leugue in the game where you take whatever team you want and try to win a championship against all the other classic great teams.

I think this would have a huge appeal to the online community as you could take your old school favorite teams and players up against others in online battles. Online leagues would be pretty easy to create as there is no progressions or off-season stuff to consider. Would be all over it to go along with Madden.
That would be pretty awesome. I enjoy playing with historic rosters, and it's a little bit disappointing to me that they're not in Madden (apparently I'm in the minority)
Old 05-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #15
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Probably a good excuse for downloadable content a new $$$ charge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 11:20 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 16

Man cedwebb,

my hopes are up a little bit now. I would love a game centered around historic rosters.

"Madden Classic" or something

Last edited by TDogg09; 05-16-2009 at 11:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »