Home

Formation Subs Discussion

This is a discussion on Formation Subs Discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #17
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Formation Subs Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The way guys used to do it on the old Madden games was to place their fastest CB's in at WR and because they could catch really well, you were doomed. I remember playing some guy that used the Seahawks and Shawn Springs killed me. 3 TD passes as a WR because he had 98 speed.
gotcha. i used to do that in franchise. id trade for Champ Bailey, to cut down on salary i would change him to a WR and he would be around 75-80 overall but till available to use as a CB. didn't think of it as cheesing as much as i did versatility. so id be paying his 10 million and some odd $ for a top notch CB and a half decent WR, then sign a 50-somthing overall CB to fill the roster.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
gotcha. i used to do that in franchise. id trade for Champ Bailey, to cut down on salary i would change him to a WR and he would be around 75-80 overall but till available to use as a CB. didn't think of it as cheesing as much as i did versatility. so id be paying his 10 million and some odd $ for a top notch CB and a half decent WR, then sign a 50-somthing overall CB to fill the roster.
Well it got more extreme than that. That was just a simple example. I played one guy back in 2003 I believe he subbed in Marshall Faulk at QB. And there was no distinction between Faulks are or Warners and I think you can tell how that game went. WR's covered just run with Faulk. Faulk lit me up, because now you have a QB with 96 speed and an arm that was no different than Warner's. Then it was just a matter of who scored last. I hate mess like that. Where is the defense?
Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #19
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Well it got more extreme than that. That was just a simple example. I played one guy back in 2003 I believe he subbed in Marshall Faulk at QB. And there was no distinction between Faulks are or Warners and I think you can tell how that game went. WR's covered just run with Faulk. Faulk lit me up, because now you have a QB with 96 speed and an arm that was no different than Warner's. Then it was just a matter of who scored last. I hate mess like that. Where is the defense?
thats a shame. i play madden cause i love the game of football and every aspect of it. it's irks me to see people not upholding the integrity of the game when playing madden. as silly as that may sound, i know everyone is entitled to play the game they paid for how ever they wish but it's still a shame..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »