Home

The Announcers?

This is a discussion on The Announcers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The Announcers?

Michaels would be pretty good...I think what we really need to do is completely recapture all of the dialogue, and expand upon the library of lines by a large amount...otherwise it won't matter who we have talking, it'll all be the same thing we heard three plays ago...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 05-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #10
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
If we can't have Madden, I'd like to see a three man team...like Ron Jaworski (probably the best pure offensive football analyst on TV), Mike Tirico and...I dunno...maybe Collinsworth?
You named the two I was hoping for from the start, when "Radio guy" bit the dust....Tirico [play by play], Jaworski. [color]

Too late now I guess. But I would have prefer these guys.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #11
Banned

I would rather EA hire actors to play fictional commentators like 2K did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #12
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
I would rather EA hire actors to play fictional commentators like 2K did.
I thought about bringing this up, but if we're going for NFL authenticity, we need the voices of the NFL...all the real folks need is some coaching...maybe bring in a consultant from animated movies to do some directing?

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 05-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I wouldn't mind seeing Pat and Madden back one more time on madden together. But that will never happen i guess. But I don't mind the current announce we have. They are good aswell.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #14
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
I thought about bringing this up, but if we're going for NFL authenticity, we need the voices of the NFL...all the real folks need is some coaching...maybe bring in a consultant from animated movies to do some directing?
Well, that also depends if the voices of the NFL are gonna put in the time and effort. I thought what VC did with the fictional Dan Stevens and Peter O'Keefe was brilliant. As long as I have had 2K5 and APF, I still hear somethings that I've never heard before. I know it will never happen, but I would like for them to add some REAL on field language. Every now and then when playing APF you will hear a player do a lil cussing. THAT would be cool.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Well, that also depends if the voices of the NFL are gonna put in the time and effort. I thought what VC did with the fictional Dan Stevens and Peter O'Keefe was brilliant. As long as I have had 2K5 and APF, I still hear somethings that I've never heard before. I know it will never happen, but I would like for them to add some REAL on field language. Every now and then when playing APF you will hear a player do a lil cussing. THAT would be cool.
I have 2K5 and 2K8 and I personally find it exceedingly repetitive! The damn "snarfing up yardage" comment alone was tired by the 4th GAME I played, let alone now!

To each his own, but the constant need to canonize 2K8 into something more than it was is pathetic after a while...

On the Madden front, Summerall and Madden together - in their late-80s or early-90s peak - would be great. Using their current voices would not be nearly as good....time is unkind to us all, but John and Pat sound nothing like they did 20 years ago...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #16
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

Why not utilize Madden a little differently? Perhaps he could take over the "Backtrack" analysis from Collinsworth? He always did like the telestrator....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »