Home

Dynamic crowd

This is a discussion on Dynamic crowd within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 36
Dynamic crowd

It sounds like ncaa football 10 will have dynamic crowds. The question is will madden have it.
In dynasty mode, will every game be a sellout crowd or will the crowd be based on the program and how it's doing?

A: We tuned the logic to determine the initial attendance for games. You will still see an increase in the crowd size for the first home game of the season and for rivalry games, but for teams having a poor season vs. a non-premiere opponent the crowd will be smaller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Dynamic crowd

link please
Old 05-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
link please
It's on the front page. It's the ncaa exclusive interview.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

I am not sure about dynamic crowds, but I want to see the Madden NFL equivalent of this:

Look at the crowd...actually CHEERING a home team score! And the jerseys on the fans? Why oh WHY, do we see nothing similar in Madden? This was started back in the "create-a-fan" days and then just disappeared as fans howled about low production values in presentation for years on end...

And check out the details of that crowd....do they look anything like the bizarre zombies in Madden and NCAA?? I see the crowds in NHL (and FIFA) going bat-shyt insane and then the Madden crowds look calm as Hindu cows!:

It would be nice to see dynamic crowds in both the size (changing with time during the game and based on opponent/rivalry/status in-season) and in terms of just being plain animated and into the game...maybe something as simple as a cut-scene (similar to those in Madden 2005 or NFL2K5) that shows more of the NHL-type excitement and less of the Madden-type boredom...

Last edited by Moostache; 05-22-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
I am not sure about dynamic crowds, but I want to see the Madden NFL equivalent of this:

Look at the crowd...actually CHEERING a home team score! And the jerseys on the fans? Why oh WHY, do we see nothing similar in Madden? This was started back in the "create-a-fan" days and then just disappeared as fans howled about low production values in presentation for years on end...

And check out the details of that crowd....do they look anything like the bizarre zombies in Madden and NCAA?? I see the crowds in NHL (and FIFA) going bat-shyt insane and then the Madden crowds look calm as Hindu cows!:

It would be nice to see dynamic crowds in both the size (changing with time during the game and based on opponent/rivalry/status in-season) and in terms of just being plain animated and into the game...maybe something as simple as a cut-scene (similar to those in Madden 2005 or NFL2K5) that shows more of the NHL-type excitement and less of the Madden-type boredom...
Simon Sherr, the animation director for Madden 10 said that there will be tons of cut-scenes. This also includes the crowd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache

I will not complain so much because of all of the stuff Ian has done for us. So why complain bout something as small as crowd details. That could be added into madden 11.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I will not complain so much because of all of the stuff Ian has done for us. So why complain bout something as small as crowd details. That could be added into madden 11.
Forget about Madden 11!
Old 05-23-2009, 02:49 PM   #8
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »