Home

Extra Point Show / Franchise Improvements

This is a discussion on Extra Point Show / Franchise Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2009, 08:14 AM   #73
Fox
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Extra Point Show / Franchise Improvements

Not necessarily. They're not going to reveal the meat yet. Wait until E3, and we'll see then.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:09 AM   #74
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
When youve been around Game developing/Marketing/Hype You know what did and didnt make it fairly qiuck. Those upgrades would have been mentioned already
That's not true...
Old 05-24-2009, 10:16 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 12

You guys did read Phil's quote right?

If there were some BIG announcements left for franchise mode (other then online) he would have said as much in that statement. He wouldn't have said what but just that there was something. I mean common READ and comprehend what he said.

I will say anything is possible but after that statement it is much much less likely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 10:26 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yep. All about reading between the lines and reading every scrap of info like in the podcast they mentioned E3 would center on 'online and customization'
Old 05-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #77
Banned

You know the funny part of all of this.

Last year, around this time maybe a little before is when Ian and Phil first made their appearance. At the time I was using the official forums and didn't really know about OS and their forums. All I was seeing being hyped last year was Gameplay and Presentation.

I was complaining heavily about that and saying Franchise needed work, lots. The answer I was told was similar to what Phil just stated here. They were tweaking it and working mainly on presentation and gameplay, at the time they were mentioning player progression as something that was being completely redone for the better. We all know how that turned out.

I was told several times that NEXT year was going to the year of the Franchise. Then not long after Madden 09's release, when everyone realized presentation and gameplay were still not right I starting hearing that Madden 10 was going to be gameplay and presentation AGAIN.

This year is just starting to feel like deja vous from last year to me.

Last year I never could get all the Franchise answers until after the game came out so I bought it at midnight and was pretty upset with crashing issues that I couldn't even play it.

This year I do like every thing I have read the game speed changes and sliders and the injury changes and slider. But progression and draft I will need to see to believe because last year progression was supposed to be fixed and wasn't.

The presentation better animations and gameplay are nice but if franchise mode: OFF season, scouting, a good progression system, a good draft system (better then HC09 which I believe needed work), and CPU logic isn't heavily reworked then it really won't be a game I can play all year round until the next rendition. It would be more like a good rental without a ton of replay value.

I really WANT to like this year's Madden and it sounds much improved but Franchise Mode is ALL that matter to me so if it isn't were IT needs to be then nothing else matters that much. I guess I just won't be happy until ALL MODES of Madden are actually good OR better than good.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #78
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
Yep. All about reading between the lines and reading every scrap of info like in the podcast they mentioned E3 would center on 'online and customization'
There will be more news about franchise mode soon in terms of offline franchise improvements. It was said in the very first blog about franchise mode.

They didn't get the guys who made head coach 09 for nothing...
Old 05-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #79
Banned

I really hope your right. I was in the same mind set as you are until I read Phil's post that started this thread.

Tuning, bug fixing, and a new show doesn't make me that excited. To be honest tuning and bug fixing is just expected to be done each year. Hell the bugs shouldn't even make it into one year's release to be fixed in the next as a "new thing." The information they have released so far makes me more exited then tuning, fixing, and a new show I think could. But maybe he just forgot to mention some other BIG new?

But again, I am going to wait until after everything has been released (hopefully E3) to make my decision as to what this year will look like. Until I play it anyway.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 39

The Extra Point hosted by Marshall Faulk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »