Home

I GOT A GREAT NEW IDEA!!!

This is a discussion on I GOT A GREAT NEW IDEA!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2009, 05:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I GOT A GREAT NEW IDEA!!!

I was just watching one of my friends play tecmo-bowl on his computer, and it got me thinking... why the hell would he want to play this game and not want to play me in madden? two reasons come to mind, he's too intimidated by madden with all it's complex button mapping, while he understands football he tends to shy away from the games with deep learning curves. Second, i beat him so many times to the point where he figures it's not even worth it to learn.

Which got me thinking, Is it too late to put in coach mode for online? it'll be like the ultimate tecmo bowl, plus it'll appease the casual fans while a different type of challenge for the hardcore as well. God knows, it'll be hell for the cheezers online, but for people like me, I'd get just as much enjoyment beating a person through a tecmo-bowl style mode just as much as actually playing.

Finally, this way you could play the whole game through a broadcast presentation! Both players can only pick plays and audible the current play, hot route, blocking assignments, highlight there number one target alas the orange route finally having some sort of real use and also fix up coverages on defense along with all the defensive adjustments... only thing is, when the offense hikes.. the highlighted player on both sides would be temporarily gone for the play, what do you think?

Also, i truly believe this would be the perfect solution to people who want to play true sim football games competitively online right away without the hassle of joining leagues and forming clubs ( although i'll probably do that anyways for online franchise ). Plus, it's a great learning tool for people with limited football IQ. I believe people wouldn't feel too bad about losing this way either ( which is a good thing. ) since it probably wouldn't feel as much of a personal fail when you lose since you weren't directly controlling everything. It'll just be fun. the way the game should be.

Actually, to tell you the truth, you should keep all the wins and losses as one record and not separate, but just use Madden IQ and Leveling up for regular play and just have another meter called Football IQ for coach mode play. Cause, EVERYONE knows, madden IQ is NOT the same as football IQ.

Please ian, get back to me on this one!

EDIT:

Nvm, I guess that's what head coach is for.

but, I'm not interested in doing everything a coach has to do leading up to a game, and i really don't want to spend another 60 bucks on a game with worse graphics and just this type of play. so why not just make a separate mode alas LG maddens, included into the game... just online now. thoughts?

Last edited by noransechie; 05-24-2009 at 05:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 05:36 AM   #2
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I GOT A GREAT NEW IDEA!!!

I'd love to see this happen, I would get back online just for this mode...virtually cheese free.

Is the broadcast cam in the game this year?
Old 05-24-2009, 05:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Seriously, i JUST thought of this, and I'm already giddy about the possibility. A cheese free online sim experience. heaven.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:47 AM   #4
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Online franchise in coach mode.

Just having coach only would be great though.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:58 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I don't know bout coach mode been online. But when Ian did the blog on all the sliders and setting and stuff. There was off and on option for coach mode. So you will be able to play coach mode offline with your friend but online it will never happen. Mainly because alot of these noobs that cheese all the time would whine and cry alot and then threat to buying madden and stop playing online. Know if you and your friend what to play a all coach football game go get Head coach 09. It's cheap now and it's fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 06:14 AM   #6
Rookie

That would be like heaven.

Seriously, I can't wait till EA finally stops milking us and brings us these "new" features that hasn't even been hinted at but are definitely in the works.

What i mean is, it's pretty obvious why they let the Superstar mode out in the first place during last generation cycles. So everyone can invest a lot of time in a franchise type of play mode on a specific position of their choice at a time so they can finally introduce 11 vs 11 alas the FIFA series later and have everyone hyped out their minds. but no, they'd rather save that for another 2 years probably when they run out of ideas.

it should be the complete opposite thinking tho. rather than have another whole game like head coach, they should cram as much features as they can on one product. we should be playing 11 vs 11 online or ATLEAST 2 vs 2 by now. We should have a head coach mode rather than a head coach game.

it's a shame. because if they did that, then people will never ever bring up annoying comparisons to games which i shall not name, but rather buy without complaints. But we as customers are here getting excited about hand towels and cleat colors and wondering if we could finally change ticket and concession prices in our offline franchise modes in the year 2009.

Last edited by noransechie; 05-24-2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:24 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

EA wishes Head Coach was sold for $60. I have seen it at prices from $10-$30. Its price tanked after release. I think it was sometime around thanksgiving that it pretty much went the way of the dodo.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:28 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I don't know bout coach mode been online. But when Ian did the blog on all the sliders and setting and stuff. There was off and on option for coach mode. So you will be able to play coach mode offline with your friend but online it will never happen. Mainly because alot of these noobs that cheese all the time would whine and cry alot and then threat to buying madden and stop playing online. Know if you and your friend what to play a all coach football game go get Head coach 09. It's cheap now and it's fun.
Wow. where to start.

first off, no one would ever 'force' these cheezers to strictly playing that mode. Only to those who do want to play that mode online.

second, i played head coach 09. i owned head coach 09. it is a good game, however, it was lacking in graphics compared to 09 and it seemed like it's going to be a trend ( new head coach running on madden 09 engine and 09 graphics instead ). I, do NOT want to buy head coach 10 JUST for this mode. it's silly, since all the deep behind the scene general manager style of sim gaming is not my forte.

lastly, I would only buy head coach 09 again if they just updated the rosters online for me for this upcoming season, if not then no. It's pointless to buy that game now. Also, I refuse to buy another 60 dollar game in Head Coach 10 unless they lower the price to maybe 30 dollars retail price opening day, and that's not going to happen.

P.S.

I only owned head coach 09 because of the anniversary collection, if they made profit from that package, then 30 dollars for head coach sounds about fair.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »