Home

Are we setting ourselves up for the Ole Madden Okeee Doke???

This is a discussion on Are we setting ourselves up for the Ole Madden Okeee Doke??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 04:37 AM   #73

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Are we setting ourselves up for the Ole Madden Okeee Doke???

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
You have no idea what you are talking about. You have no idea how to make a video game. You have no idea what a game engine is. You make yourself sound dumb because you have no idea what you are talking about. Try to learn some facts before you take all your anger out on EA. Somebody must like their product if it is one of the top selling games every single year.
Agreed.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:45 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 28

Hey guys toilet paper sells like hotcakes daily but I don't think a person on earth is in love with it. Some people buy Madden cause they feel they have no other choice but to.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:47 AM   #75
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Hey guys toilet paper sells like hotcakes daily but I don't think a person on earth is in love with it. Some people buy Madden cause they feel they have no other choice but to.
Blame that on the NFL. They are the ones that decided they only wanted one company making an NFL game. It is not the fault of EA so try working with them instead of against them. Give this Madden 10 a chance. I have a good feeling about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2009, 05:23 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 12

BTW...this was not a bash Madden or Beware of Madden thread I started..It was more of a wake up call to those who seem to think Ian can part the Red Sea like Moses and become a Madden Savior.

We can do ourselves a favor by keeping in perspective where this game is and where most of us thought it would be from the time we saw the first next gen video and knew that EA had the ESPN license. Now hear we are 5 years later talking about this is the beginning.

Hold your glass up and toast to the HOPE for a playable game that shows promise for the future. The scary part is...What if Madden 2010 is all that and a bag of chips???...My next question would be how long does the 360 and Ps3 have before new cycle of consoles hits again...Then is it back to square one and Madden Purgatory???
Old 05-25-2009, 05:35 AM   #77
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
BTW...this was not a bash Madden or Beware of Madden thread I started..It was more of a wake up call to those who seem to think Ian can part the Red Sea like Moses and become a Madden Savior.

We can do ourselves a favor by keeping in perspective where this game is and where most of us thought it would be from the time we saw the first next gen video and knew that EA had the ESPN license. Now hear we are 5 years later talking about this is the beginning.

Hold your glass up and toast to the HOPE for a playable game that shows promise for the future. The scary part is...What if Madden 2010 is all that and a bag of chips???...My next question would be how long does the 360 and Ps3 have before new cycle of consoles hits again...Then is it back to square one and Madden Purgatory???
Most "experts" (not sure what qualifies them though...lol) believe we won't see a new system any earlier than 2011-2012. That's at the earliest too. With the exception of the Wii, the systems were designed with a much longer life span in mind (it's normally 4-5 years...MS and Sony both claim to want to nearly double that, so we'll see).

As for how that will bode for Madden, who knows. I would like to think that, given the mess they made of the "next gen" switch they made this last time, they'll be better prepared, but there are other factors to consider. It will be dependent on how designer friendly the new systems are (I would think) and how mch notice they get for such a switch.

On the more current subject, I agree. It's hard not to be pleased with all the changes, both major and subtle, that Ian and crew are making. For me personally, I'll be renting with a bit more hope than in years past.

Still not "sold" on the game (especially with no tangible franchise info), but I am sold on the developers this time around. Hopefully the product at least somewhat mirrors what this group seems to have put into it.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:53 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

...and round and round we go with the same damn conversation we've been having for the last 4 years. Do a search, I'm sure there are 100 other threads with similar points being made.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »