Home

Are we setting ourselves up for the Ole Madden Okeee Doke???

This is a discussion on Are we setting ourselves up for the Ole Madden Okeee Doke??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #33
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Are we setting ourselves up for the Ole Madden Okeee Doke???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
Has the EA Community interaction sold you on Madden 2010???

Yes, but not because of the interaction itself. Because of the results from the interaction.

Quote:
Have the screen shots and videos convinced you that Madden will be alot different than previous years?

Yes.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #34
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I think you're only setting yourself up for the "okeee doke" if you have unrealistic expectations. If you're pretty rational in the things that you expect to see in a year's time, I think we're all in for a treat.

But if you're expecting Madden 10 to be 2K10, you'll be disappointed. It's going to still play like Madden and even have a familiar Madden feel; there will just be much more emphasis on realism/sim as opposed previous next gen years .
Old 05-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #35
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I think you're only setting yourself up for the "okeee doke" if you have unrealistic expectations. If you're pretty rational in the things that you expect to see in a year's time, I think we're all in for a treat.

But if you're expecting Madden 10 to be 2K10, you'll be disappointed. It's going to still play like Madden and even have a familiar Madden feel; there will just be much more emphasis on realism/sim as opposed previous next gen years .
Exactly the the way as I see it aswell. 2k5 is 2k5 madden is madden. Every product is differnet. Madden to me is going to be great. Besides people haven't even played madden 10 yet they judge it like they have been playing it for a month and they hate it. I say judge it after you get it. But after you get the game and try. Don't come on here complaining bout this and that and I hate this and that. Instead address to OS communtiy where Ian and his crew see and everyone else. Then Why Ian and his crew is build onto madden 11 they can fix the stuff that is wrong in madden 10. I don't expect to many problems. But every products has it's bad points. Some people are going to be happy with it why others are going to be unhappy. But all you can do is point it out to Ian and allow hime to correct it for madden 11. Thats called feed back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #36
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

The Okie Doke....I really dont think anyone is praising the game yet, I think were praising the UNDENIABLE effort, Even if the game still sucks no one here can say they didnt listen and try and for that alone they deserve some credit and hopefully an unbiased review
Old 05-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm looking for a slower, fun, somewhat realistic game where the CPU AI isn't completely ********, and actually adapts to the users strengths, but again, in a realistic way. If I'm Detroit, I should have to earn my victories, not finish the season 14-2, and a superbowl title after the first season.

I'm sold on what the new team is trying to do - I'm just not completely sold that the game is going to play that way. It never has.

Plus, I have zero faith in whoever tests these games. It'll probably be released with a glitch that freezes your system every time there's a gang tackle.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #38
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
I'm buying in...My chips are on the table with all the other BELIEVERS. Hell they gotta be because I love Madden and I need a great football game.

But I will say this with complete honesty...I won't be surprised if this game doesn't measure up...I'm not gonna set myself up for disappointment for the 5th year in a row...I learned sometime after Madden 2007 that those dreams of a next gen game from EA that would make 2k5 look like garbage were ONLY DREAMS and the cold reality is Madden is the most c=successful EA game on the market that sells record copies year in and year out...To a certain extent it doesn't matter what they put in the box...We will buy it...WE may hate it but the other 3 trillion casual consumers who don't frequent forums like this will validate for EA that they are on top of their game.
Not to mention the online folks that care nothing about franchise or any other elements. Just makes me wonder how someone could play just online and be satisfied.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 05-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 18

*Release day is gonna be nasty, because everything every single individual wants in Madden won't be there (complaint #1)

*The guys who would never like Madden no matter what, because they own the license (complaint #2)

*The guys who hate Ian, because he didn't respond to all there advice that would make Madden the most simmiest sim sim game of all time (complaint #3)

*All the guys who no longer can hike-scramble-throw accurate passes across there body and most of there glitches can no longer be abused (complaint #4)

Last edited by Sausage; 05-24-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #40
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

i just miss the days of choice,and i think that madden would be excellent if it had a competitor to push them. i hope this is the best madden ever,i really do.i want it to be a game i can't stop playing till august 2011.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »