Home

User controlled power or finesse move

This is a discussion on User controlled power or finesse move within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: User controlled power or finesse move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Valid concern, but luckily this isn't the case - a guy with 88 in both ratings is way better than a guy with just 90 in one. Why? Because he has more ways to get around the blocker. If an OL has really bad Run Block footwork but good Run Block Strength, then the dual-88 guy would be trying to use his finesse moves to win (he picks which move to play based on the difference he detects between himself and the blocker), while the 90 rated power guy would only have power to use, and the blocker would be better prepared for him.

wow. that sounds like alot going on... pretty impressive..

still, this seems like the user being a running back and the comp taking over and knowing whether to stiff arm, or throw a spin move on a defender depending on if the defender is a linebacker or cornerback coming at him.. just seems like it's taking away from the players choices..

regardless, thanks for the response, and Andy is sure it plays well, or you guys would of taken it out
Old 05-25-2009, 09:59 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 25

Quote:
Valid concern, but luckily this isn't the case - a guy with 88 in both ratings is way better than a guy with just 90 in one. Why? Because he has more ways to get around the blocker. If an OL has really bad Run Block footwork but good Run Block Strength, then the dual-88 guy would be trying to use his finesse moves to win (he picks which move to play based on the difference he detects between himself and the blocker), while the 90 rated power guy would only have power to use, and the blocker would be better prepared for him.
Thats good to hear ! i havent played madden 09 in months since ive focused on madden 10 and heard all the upgrades this game will have. Its going to be even SWEETER to destroy quarterbacks with Julius Peppers once again (if he stays with Carolina) and if he dont get to ya E.Brown surley will !

COUNTDOWN: 11 weeks 3 days 2 hours 1 minute !!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #19
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

I think it's more what the CPU controlled player would do, not the Human controlled. I believe it's up to you, what move or action or your player takes. The highest rated move stuff is for CPU controlled players.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Still, will I be limited to one move while pass-rushing? By this I mean will I only be able to say push down on the right stick and then watch? I feel this would take a lot of control out of the user's hands and make pass-rushing too simple and not representative of a player's skill. Think about it, my little brother who doesn't know anything about football or video games can press down on an analog stick too. I hope you can shed light on this, because it's a cause for concern.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think that there should be a choice. Cant you make it so holding L trigger or something would be power moves?

I think there should be the option to choose wrong. I also think it sounds like it makes sense for what it is, but I dont agree with that approach. I think it makes more sense to have one of the shoulder buttons, or triggers, to "shift" to the other array of moves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #22
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I am hoping that they tied in the awareness of the defensive lineman to help determine if he will decide power or finesse. That way there will be times where the guy makes the wrong choice.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I am hoping that they tied in the awareness of the defensive lineman to help determine if he will decide power or finesse. That way there will be times where the guy makes the wrong choice.
This is the problem to me, for user control. I want to make the right move, not press the stick and hope it is right, or hope that it is what I wanted it.

I still dont get why its the only way. It would be nice to have a choice if you want this style of play, or make a shift button to access the different style of moves.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:43 PM   #24
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSS
This is the problem to me, for user control. I want to make the right move, not press the stick and hope it is right, or hope that it is what I wanted it.

I still dont get why its the only way. It would be nice to have a choice if you want this style of play, or make a shift button to access the different style of moves.
Right, and I kinda agree with you but at the same time I do not want my awareness to become my players awareness. If I am controlling some guy that is not a smart player I would still like to see him be able to make mistakes.
I guess we will have to wait and see how it actually works when the game comes out. I would not get to down on it though till you try it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »