Home

Terrible Towels

This is a discussion on Terrible Towels within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2009, 03:11 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Terrible Towels

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringeelement
A 1000 yrd season in todays game means nothing. Maybe when it was a 14 game season, but not anymore. 1500 is the benchmark now. Bottom line is, a couple of cocky arrogant thugs got a bit ahead of themselves. They disrespected one of the most revered symbols in all of sports and karma bit them in the arse for it. Wait till you actually win the Super Bowl before you start acting like you have.
Are you serious? I agree 1000 isn't the achievement it used to be, but it is still one of the great achievements any RB would love to have a 1000 yard season under their belt, plus it is a ton more impressive when you run for 1000+ being in a tandem is great.

What exactly does making a joke about the terrible towel have to do with "acting like you have won a SB" that is one of the most absurd things I have ever heard....

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 03:13 AM   #26
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
A 1000 yrd season in todays game means nothing. Maybe when it was a 14 game season, but not anymore. 1500 is the benchmark now. Bottom line is, a couple of cocky arrogant thugs got a bit ahead of themselves. They disrespected one of the most revered symbols in all of sports and karma bit them in the arse for it. Wait till you actually win the Super Bowl before you start acting like you have.
Thugs? Really? And one of the most revered symbols in all of sports? Are you kidding me? Maybe among Pittsburgh fans, but definitely not in all of sports. They weren't acting like they won the Super Bowl, rather they were giving a quick example of what was happening on the field.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:16 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Just for the record, the Brownies never won an actual Super Bowl. And as far as I know Super Bowl titles are credited to the franchise, not the city. Therefore, and I might be wrong, I do think that your Colts still lay claim to the one they won in Baltimore
Ya my bad I got mixed up, I was thinking about something other than SBs credited...my bad.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:20 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
Thugs? Really? And one of the most revered symbols in all of sports? Are you kidding me? Maybe among Pittsburgh fans, but definitely not in all of sports. They weren't acting like they won the Super Bowl, rather they were giving a quick example of what was happening on the field.
+1

steeler fans are quite possibly the most annoying in the nfl. terrible towel? it is scary when fans wave towels. terribly so. terrible towels are a joke to every other team except for the steelers.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:26 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
+1

steeler fans are quite possibly the most annoying in the nfl. terrible towel? it is scary when fans wave towels. terribly so. terrible towels are a joke to every other team except for the steelers.
I wouldn't say they are a joke, their a symbol of how much of a difference a crowd can make, but I agree they aren't the most revered symbol even in the NFL, but they are a symbol, lol

Old 05-27-2009, 03:39 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Uhh.. LenDale White had 773 yards actually sorry no 1,000 yards yet. His 15tds where actually all Chris Johnson or Kerry Collins bringing them down the field to the goal line and his fat *** coming in and falling over into the touchdown.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:40 AM   #31
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
What is your proof that Lendale and Keith are thugs? Two guys stomping on a towel makes them thugs? Where I'm from,thugs rob and mug people,and do violent crimes. People always wanna sound like idiots judging someone's character like they are the all mighty.Granted the guys were unsportsmanlike and classless,but calling them thugs show just how simple minded and naive you are.

p.s Lendale ran for 1,100 yards in his 2ND season in the league,and once again if you are naive enough to say 1,000 rush yards mean nothing, you are really just trying to downgrade someone's talent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 04:55 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
p.s Lendale ran for 1,100 yards in his 2ND season in the league,and once again if you are naive enough to say 1,000 rush yards mean nothing, you are really just trying to downgrade someone's talent.
+100000 and

Lendale White in 2007

Carries: 303 Yds: 1,110 Tds: 7 Rec: 20 Yds 114

Only 16 Running backs ran for over 1000 yds last year...... sure is easy to do....

Last edited by Derrville; 05-27-2009 at 04:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »