Home

Best Rookie in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Best Rookie in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #33
Pro

masterkembo's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: bEST ROOKIE IN MADDEN 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
Orakpo

Here is why

You have Albert Haynesworth London Fletcher Laron Landry Chris Horton Carlos Rogers D. Hall Fred Smoot Rocky McIntosh

With these guys beside you and in coverage it won't be like QBs will have alot of options - he will have to worry about the big guy in the middle the lbs rushing him not put his WR at risk to a big hit from Landry Horton is a playmaker and then our corners are pretty damn good so how is it that Orakpo WONT be a huge imapct
Orakpo played for Texas and Texas players have a history of being busts in the NFL. (I'm still bitter about Mike Williams)

In all seriousness though, Orakpo will be playing linebacker I think I heard, so he's going to be playing a position he's never played before (= big transistion). Even if he plays at DE, when's the last time a rookie DE made a huge impact in the NFL?

He also has a history of taking plays off which sounds like another guy in the middle of the Skins new defense...I just don't see it happening (IRL). In terms of Madden though, yeah he might be pretty darn good.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkembo
Orakpo played for Texas and Texas players have a history of being busts in the NFL. (I'm still bitter about Mike Williams)

In all seriousness though, Orakpo will be playing linebacker I think I heard, so he's going to be playing a position he's never played before (= big transistion). Even if he plays at DE, when's the last time a rookie DE made a huge impact in the NFL?

He also has a history of taking plays off which sounds like another guy in the middle of the Skins new defense...I just don't see it happening (IRL). In terms of Madden though, yeah he might be pretty darn good.
He did play some LB in college. He was just playing DE most of the time.

Peppers and Freeney had 10+ sack seasons and multiply forced fumbles their rookie seasons. I understand your point though. DEs seem to produce best in their 2 season on.

If he plays LB then he wont be "the" impact D rookie. If he plays DE he will more then likely get single teams and I am sure he can beat them.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

Freeman wont start this season.

Cushing with the texans, will have the best season for rookies on D. They have a probowlers at every level on defense. So he will fit right in to make plays. He started 4 season at USC, with a pro style defense. Out of all the usc lbs, he was the 1 that showed up every game. Lookout for him if you dont know about him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #36
Banned

TooSmart's Arena

OVR: 5

most likely michael crabtree and defiantly not pat white
Old 05-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 7

All this homerism is hilarious.

Personally I think Aaron Curry will have the biggest impact. Outside of him, I can see Crabtree doing good as well.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #38
Rookie

LosWorld's Arena

OVR: 2

Tremendous homerism indeed. My logic is simple, pick a few players who will be on the field from day 1 and who will play positions without a big adjustment period. So:

Curry, Moreno, Cushing, Ayers.

Oh, and Veikune. Just because I loved him at the Senior Bowl. Special teams/Nickel rush pain in the arse as a rookie me believes.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:52 AM   #39
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Jimmy Fallon
Old 05-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #40
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucicren
If your talking about the real NFL that it will probably be Juaquin Iglesias, the Bears Third Round Pick. I'm not saying that because I am a Bears fan, the guy is rated high, and the reason he's so important is because of the fact that we have had no good wide receivers since Grossman lost the job, and now we have Jay Cutler, a 4,000 Yard Passer, we don't have any #1 Receivers, if he can turn into that guy, he could easily go for 1,500 Yards as long as he can catch.
Jesus Christ.. Is this a serious response?

1. You say Iglesias will PROBABLY be the best rookie in real life???? WTF
2. Yes Cut threw for 4k yards, he also had legit receivers and threw the ball 40 times a game
3. You're telling me your third round WR who couldn't get 1200 yards with the best QB in CFB in a pass happy offense with a conference full of soft Ds is going to get 1500 yards in the NFL in a pro style offense..

You do realize only ONE wr went over 1500 yards in the NFL this year right? Now, you really think Iglesias can EASILY do it?

<3 Bears fans.. Never cease to amaze me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »