Home

DONNY please use THE SPORTING NEWS RANKINGS to help determine PLAYER RATINGS!!(link)

This is a discussion on DONNY please use THE SPORTING NEWS RANKINGS to help determine PLAYER RATINGS!!(link) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #41
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: DONNY please use THE SPORTING NEWS RANKINGS to help determine PLAYER RATINGS!!(li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Panthers
Lol @ Deangelo Falls Being In the list of top Cornerbacks... Lol @ Jake Delhomme Being at 15...Love him to death but i think cassel might perform better but it couldve been the patriots offensive system that helped cassel to do well...AtLeast they got some things right like ed reed jordon gross J peppers A P... And The Middle lInebacker List is crazy No Jon Beason Heck hes Better than urlacher!!
Beason is ranked 5th. I think Lewis is the best MLB but I think Urlacher is #2. Remember his success (along with Lewis's) all depends on his line. Lewis's line did a great job last season while Urlacher's line sucked it up big time. A lot of Beason's success last year was due to Peppers and the rest of the Panthers dline. Not trying to take anything away from him but having more tackles doesn't mean he's better the better MLB. Urlacher is the better leader and has shown what he is capable when his dlinemen aren't getting pushed around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #42
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: DONNY please use THE SPORTING NEWS RANKINGS to help determine PLAYER RATINGS!!(li

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy316
Beason is ranked 5th. I think Lewis is the best MLB but I think Urlacher is #2. Remember his success (along with Lewis's) all depends on his line. Lewis's line did a great job last season while Urlacher's line sucked it up big time. A lot of Beason's success last year was due to Peppers and the rest of the Panthers dline. Not trying to take anything away from him but having more tackles doesn't mean he's better the better MLB. Urlacher is the better leader and has shown what he is capable when his dlinemen aren't getting pushed around.
agreed!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:40 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensaiKatai
yea cuz professional NFL scouts and directors of pro personnel don't have a stronger grasp on a players ability than espn analysts and the people who write pro football weekly.....

you contradicted yourself in a lot of ways with this post..
Can you do me a favor post who you think the top 10 CB's in the NFL are?

I mean I just don't get how any knowledgeable fan would not laugh at these rankings, but this is what you get on a "video game" board I guess.

Note: have you ever heard of "metrics" if not then I will just stop right now. Also I don't think you understood my last post, I said Pro Football Weekly is ok because they rate their players less of ESPN hype then any other main stream rankings.
NFL Dallas Cowboys:T-New,#31 Roy Williams
MLB Toronto Blue Jays:Carlos Delgado,Rick Ankiel
NHL St.Louis Blues:Keith Tkachuk,T.J. Oshie
NBA GSt. Warriors:Antawn Jamison, Steven Jackson
USA Soccer Oguchi Onyewu

Last edited by cowboyscowboys; 05-27-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:07 PM   #44
Rookie

lendog691's Arena

OVR: 9

Here's the thing guys, all these ratings are based on opinion and the great thing about Madden is if you don't like it the way it is you can always change it. I myself don't think Ray Lewis is the top lb anymore, a few years ago yes but he's lost a step or two, so i will make changes that are of my opinion and you all should do the same.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensaiKatai
no not at all, i just don't think it should be as drastically far apart as has been in years' past. i think the top team should be a 90 and the lowest a 78-80. at least until the first roster update.
I disagree. I think a lot of teams should be about where they were last year UNLESS they did some MAJOR things in the off season.

On this thinking they should do the same with players as well.

In either case i don't like that idea at all. I want a range more like 60-95 for teams and 50-99 with very few over 90 for players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog691
Here's the thing guys, all these ratings are based on opinion and the great thing about Madden is if you don't like it the way it is you can always change it. I myself don't think Ray Lewis is the top lb anymore, a few years ago yes but he's lost a step or two, so i will make changes that are of my opinion and you all should do the same.
Ya I still want to be able to play an online game and not be disgusted, knowing a guy sucks but has a high rating. Kind of like Lito Sheppard from last year. The same people who thought he was a better CB then Sheldon Brown are the same fools who made up this list of rankings.
NFL Dallas Cowboys:T-New,#31 Roy Williams
MLB Toronto Blue Jays:Carlos Delgado,Rick Ankiel
NHL St.Louis Blues:Keith Tkachuk,T.J. Oshie
NBA GSt. Warriors:Antawn Jamison, Steven Jackson
USA Soccer Oguchi Onyewu
Old 05-27-2009, 09:29 PM   #47
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Panthers
Lol @ Deangelo Falls Being In the list of top Cornerbacks... Lol @ Jake Delhomme Being at 15...Love him to death but i think cassel might perform better but it couldve been the patriots offensive system that helped cassel to do well...AtLeast they got some things right like ed reed jordon gross J peppers A P... And The Middle lInebacker List is crazy No Jon Beason Heck hes Better than urlacher!!
I love Jake to but Jake is just a washed up old QB. Fox just don't want to let go of him. I feel jake is done after this season. I could careless Bout JP. JP ain't nothing but a noob who holding out on the panthers because they taged him. Beason is the man. Him not been on the top list is WTF momet. Benson is good as anyother lineback update in the NFL.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:35 PM   #48
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys
Can you do me a favor post who you think the top 10 CB's in the NFL are?

I mean I just don't get how any knowledgeable fan would not laugh at these rankings, but this is what you get on a "video game" board I guess.

Note: have you ever heard of "metrics" if not then I will just stop right now. Also I don't think you understood my last post, I said Pro Football Weekly is ok because they rate their players less of ESPN hype then any other main stream rankings.

my top 10 cbs are sort of in line with the Sporting news rankings but i'll take it a step further and give you my reasons as well

Aso - best pure shutdown corner in the league, great awareness, knows all the tricks and has immaculate size/speed

Finnegan - best intensity out of any corner in the league
great desire and heart, reminds me of troy palu in terms of heart, what he lacks in physical ability or awareness he makes up for with sheer tenacity, good football instincts

Champ Bailey - barring injury still one of the most fearsome corners in the nfl, incredible awareness
and good measurables - again BARRING injury

Darrelle Revis - second best corner in the league right now as far as i'm concerned..incredible upside and starting to learn the tricks, expect him to do great in rex ryan's schemes

BOTH cromarties - antonio was injured all year last year with a fractured hip hence the drop in production..top 5 corner when healthy and great measurables..we all know dominique has great upside and one of the fastest corners in the league

Antoine Winfield - i love corners who actually stop running backs

Charles Woodson - sorry i'm just a homer when it comes to chucky for a plethora of reasons

Bryant Mcfadden - this guy is a flat out football player ,great measurables and the track record to go with it

i'll let you pick the 10th, it's a toss up between quite a few players

i don't go by metrics at all because the amount of variables that come into play are ridiculous, and trust me if we discuss metrics it works in my teams favor because both chris johnson and stanford routt are in the top 10!! that's according to METRICS but metrics don't mean anything IMO..there's too many other factors that determine a players true ability. Playcalling has a lot to do with metric and median statistics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
I disagree. I think a lot of teams should be about where they were last year UNLESS they did some MAJOR things in the off season.

On this thinking they should do the same with players as well.

In either case i don't like that idea at all. I want a range more like 60-95 for teams and 50-99 with very few over 90 for players.
i'm sorry but EVERY team does MAJOR things in the offseason with the exception of the ones who do the best the previous year thinking they don't need to make too many changes, and they are usually right (namely patriots and steelers) patriots were quite active this offseason though

keep in mind every year we see an influx upwards of around 300-400 players,...might be off a lil off though, that's just off the top of my head..and a lot of teams chemistries shift dramatically from season to season..im not disagreeing with your assessment on variance in terms of team rankings i'm just saying come the first game of the season NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING YET i want the game to properly reflect this feeling! at least until the first roster update

Last edited by KensaiKatai; 05-27-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »