Home

From Madden 09 to Madden 10 what are your POSITIVES? Vol. TJdaSportsGuy

This is a discussion on From Madden 09 to Madden 10 what are your POSITIVES? Vol. TJdaSportsGuy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
From Madden 09 to Madden 10 what are your POSITIVES? Vol. TJdaSportsGuy

TJ...
I noticed you've been locking down threads of both supports and incredibly annoying haters of Ian and EA alike to cut down the cluster in this forum. Your efforts have not gone unnoticed and I want to personally thank you for making this forum (albeit as chaotic as it is now) as bearable as possible.

I wanted to start a new thread that focused SOLEY on the positive. I think we are all too focused on the negative and its really having a VERY negative effect on the community esp. developer interaction. So if possible, I would like this thread to discuess the POSITIVES everyone has seen from Madden 09 to Madden 10. An example of such would be as follows:

I noticed in Madden 2009, all QBs were generated with the same exact throwing motions. As I was told about signature throwing styles being introduced I adapted a "I have to see it, to believe it" mentality. From the limited i've seen, Madden 10s throwing motions have been spot on. I think this is a positive and I would love to see even more styles, not incorporated by starting quaterbacks, make it into the game for create-a-player purposes.

If we can continue to build upon the positives we've seen as we transition to a new era of Madden, I believe we can achieve an even higher level of interaction within the community that will help bring about even greater progress.

I hope this won't be locked. Thanks again guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: From Madden 09 to Madden 10 what are your POSITIVES? Vol. TJdaSportsGuy

Three samller things that stand out to me-

-The cut scenes add alot to the overall presentation and make it feel like you are watching a real broadcast (esp. what we saw in the Fallon video)

-The injury system being revamped is much more realistic (suspense of not knowing the severity injury right away) and I love the idea of choosing whether to continue playing them at risk of being further injured

-Pre-made draft classes will bring personality to the draft and that was my favorite part of Head Coach, so I'm hoping the draft is as easy to navigate in Madden

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 31

Everything they have done is positive.

The funny thing is, most of the complaints about little things, the user will be able to fix it to what they like anyway...customization !

The dev's adding alot of slider settings for the user, was big news not so long ago...but some still complain about stuff they can change themselves when they get the game...makes no sense.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 18

From what I've seen from Madden 10 so far:
- Game intro looks better (warmups & coin toss)
- Pro-Tak looks great
- Sidelines look more alive (Romo talking to Jessica on the phone, etc.)
- Backtrack has been sped up and Collinsworth sounds amazing
- Fumble scrum pileup was nice (hoping for variety)
- Cutscenes and the transitions into and out of them were excellent, really natural, quick and seemless (again, variety is key)
- Team TD celebrations looked a lot better
- Crowds are better
- Fluid running animations
- Co-op play! Yes!
- Defensive camera angle. Balances the game nicely.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Guys,

When the game is actually out, sure, we'll do a thread like this. Until then, keep your impressions on the video to the thread dedicated to it.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »