Home

Ian, how could you think about the future at a time like this? LOL!

This is a discussion on Ian, how could you think about the future at a time like this? LOL! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:32 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Ian, how could you think about the future at a time like this? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
First order of business, FIRE Hammond.

I'm sorry..........................you feel...................this...............way.

The problem........is not...............with....................me.

The problem..................lies...........with me................not having enough quality lines/scripts.................and my...............voicework.............not......be ing properly..................voiced/pieced.................................together by.........................the staff.
You are.................blaming....................... ..the wrong..................person.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:38 AM   #18
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Old 05-30-2009, 01:39 AM   #19
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGmen56
2nd order of business, Dump the whole old runnning animations! New locomotion and Running animation system from the ground up! This must get done for Madden 11, got team?! good...
Actually... I think that really is the first order of business for Madden 11.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:40 AM   #20
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

The game may still need a lot of tweaking -- but this years madden really lays a solid foundation for future maddens to come IMO...

Ian can sort of finish where HE left off, instead of correcting a lot of the HORRIBLE mistakes for the past 4 years....

I mean, come on..lets face it...4 entire years of nonsense...that dude Ian really put in tons of work and corrections to madden 10 just by the clips and blogs we've gotten.

Madden 11 will be a real tell-tale sign to see if this new group of madden team is foreal IMO...and honestly...they've already got my respect..

(Nothing Great Happens Over Night)
Old 05-30-2009, 01:41 AM   #21
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Hammond

I'm sorry..........................you feel...................this...............way.

The problem........is not...............with....................me.

The problem..................lies...........with me................not having enough quality lines/scripts.................and my...............voicework.............not......be ing properly..................voiced/pieced.................................together by.........................the staff.
You are.................blaming....................... ..the wrong..................person.
You're half right.

The scripting is... well, not good, and I have some theories why, but I wont repeat them here. But Hammond is not particularly energetic. He's improved since last year, he's trying this time, but he's just not voice talent, period. Collinsworth emphasizes it because he sounds so natural.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 01:42 AM   #22
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Yea exactly. Just watching the Cowboys video again listening to Hammond be so plain, robotic, and downright uninteresting in his commentary is such a huge turnoff. Ugh.

I can't believe he still sounds like crap like last year. Unreal.

They really need to listen to some of the commentary in MLB 09 The Show. That is how it's done.
no.........they need to listen to commentary in MLB 2k9. THATS how its done. The game might not be great but the commentary is excellent
Old 05-30-2009, 01:43 AM   #23
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Guaranteed- Tom Hammond will be in Madden 11. We might as well get over it now and focus on better stuff. They made the decision this year to bring him back in and record a lot more lines. There is no way in Hell they would have done that if it were even an option to get rid of him after 10 is released.

I am going out on a limb and assume this isn't even a decision that would be made on a development level. Sometimes we have to understand these guys are given a box of tools to work with and need to make the best out of what they got. All they can do is request better tools, sometimes they get them sometimes they dont.
I could careless wheather tom hammond is in are not so long as the gameplay is good.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:46 AM   #24
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I could careless wheather tom hammond is in are not so long as the gameplay is good.
Im partially with you there. I dont think ive reached my "limit" with hammond, I know I have a limit though cause that radio announcer being in the game really bothered the heck out of me.

a solid game is a solid game though regardless if there is background audio(announcers)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »