Home

how to stop qb sneak in madden 09

This is a discussion on how to stop qb sneak in madden 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: how to stop qb sneak in madden 09

i wonder what yall would say if a real nfl team went for it on 4th n inches wit QB sneak 4 times...And no im not supporting this guy saying he qb sneaked 4 times.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Panthers
i wonder what yall would say if a real nfl team went for it on 4th n inches wit QB sneak 4 times...And no im not supporting this guy saying he qb sneaked 4 times.

No doubt, I was watching a replay of the steelers/dallas super bowl and in the 2nd quarter I saw Pitt go for it on 4th and 1 at the 50 and the next drive Dallas went for it on 4th n 1 at Pitts 30 with a 10 point lead.

Anyways, I have my best success with a goalline d(the play with 3 blue zones and 3 yellow zones). Pinch the line,crash it left(most guys run that way), show blitz, and be the lb directly over the qb. Not 100% effective but its worked for me on more than 1 occasion.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #11
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Most of the time going for it on 4th down is cheesing, depends on the score and the time left in the game and field posistion but yea going for it on 4th down tends be cheesing not to mention using the qb sneek everytime is also cheesing.
Correct my friend. It ain't cheesing to go for it on 4th if you are down and it is late in the 4th. But if you go for it every single time then you are a cheeser.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #12
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Correct my friend. It ain't cheesing to go for it on 4th if you are down and it is late in the 4th. But if you go for it every single time then you are a cheeser.
Yeah, you shouldn't go for it on 4th down every single time.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 6

everybody go for it on 4th and inches do you know how to stop qb sneak
Old 05-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast

dont mean to sound ,ike a douche but i couldnt tell u thet last time i saw a punt in a pats/colts game lol, remember the cheifs when they had gonzo/priest/trent green, who was their punter???
but yo guys do have a point when talkin about madden because theres no theoretical penalty go picking a qb sneak on 3rd or 4th and inches, because its money everytime for most ballers, also madden's version of the qb sneak in reality its not a sneak, its money lol and that sucks because none of those real nfl teams i stated earlier would run a qb sneak to convert a 3rd or 4th down because it would get stopped or the franchise qb would be injured. hopefully we wont have that prob this year
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 05-31-2009, 12:46 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wow... you guys are flipping on him because he runs a QB sneak????

Lol... it's the best play in the game because you're guaranteed a yard or two when on those '4th and inches' scenarios. The game is about competing. Would he be a competitor if he didn't do what it takes to win?!?!?!

Anywho, it's hard to stop that play. My only advice is to pinch the d-line and block all the holes with your LB's. Oh... and pray. Lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 03:35 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 18

The guidelines I play by with my friend concerning 4th downs are this.

4th & inches - Any time.

4th & 1 yard -Only on the opponents side of the field.

These are scenarios when real NFL coaches will actually atempt a 4th down conversion. (If anyone has real %'s for this that would be awesome)

Running QB sneak is not prefered unless it is 4th & inches or 4th & 1 at the goalline. QB's in the NFL do not run sneaks as often as people run them in Madden.

Stopping the QB Sneak is not that hard if you know it is coming. Tighten up the d-line, put all LB's to blitz, and then run commit after the snap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »